Check your Bnet accounts =)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Were the opt ins all sent all this morning or has it been posting to accounts all day?
I have had my email up all day while at work and I refresh every half hour or so as I've been waiting for other emails to come in and BOOM this one JUST popped in about 20 minutes ago.
Just received the BIG surprise a minute ago :) HELL i'm coming
I got in via Opt-in.

If the information is useful to anyone, the email landed in my inbox at 1:31pm PST.

Good luck and have fun guys.
via Opt-in Woot!
I just got my invite about a half an hour ago and it was via Opt-In.
11/14/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Goins
Were the opt ins all sent all this morning or has it been posting to accounts all day?
My guess is that they were sent in the morning and the rise in people saying they got in is just from people finally getting the emails. (I saw I was in this morning but only just now got the actual invite email.)
I just got mine and I was a candidate for F&F
Opt-in and got the email like 15 mins ago
I'd almost rather there be no hope, because all the invites were sent awhile back. But apparently they're still rolling out. Now I have to watch my email for hours, hoping. =)
I'm incredibly confused about how so many people are getting "Friends and Family" beta invites without realizing that they're FnF invites. Don't you actually have to know someone (or, know someone that knows someone) at Blizzard, for those? I'm sure a few people keep these things secret, but... well, I think sending out FnF invites defeats the purpose of that anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something. Would someone care to explain? :(

Also, for anybody opted-in and waiting for an email: check your battle.net account often. For every Blizzard beta I've been in (Wrath, SC2, and Cataclysm), I had the games activated on my account literally days before the email itself popped up in my inbox. So, yeah, sometimes they can be a bit... slow about the emails :P
Here's a suggestion, your emails is not the place to look for an invite! I never received any email saying I had the beta. You guys need to check on the accound page if it shows up!
I just got in, not FnF or Facebook, just an average Joe
just got mine ! woo happy times
Nope.

*grumble grumble
I'm incredibly confused about how so many people are getting "Friends and Family" beta invites without realizing that they're FnF invites. Don't you actually have to know someone (or, know someone that knows someone) at Blizzard, for those? I'm sure a few people keep these things secret, but... well, I think sending out FnF invites defeats the purpose of that anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something. Would someone care to explain? :(

There is no official notice saying you have been added to the FnF wait list so you just have to trust the word of whomever it is that added you. When you do get in it looks identical to the opt-in invite so you can't tell from that either. So it is possible that you might have just gotten lucky. (Not very likely though.)