Made D3's color scheme darker ingame [+video]

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 19 Next
I prefer d3 the way it is. The alterations don't look good.
11/24/2011 06:52 AMPosted by Rnk

That's completely fine. I respect your opinion, but keep in mind there are millions of fans who would love Diablo to be darker and grittier.

From Bill Roper, producer, designer, and PR executive of Diablo 2:

"I didn't look at it and go, oh my God that's horrible. But I looked at it and went, it's not really... to me as a player it just didn't really ring with Diablo."
11/24/2011 06:48 AMPosted by Tiick
It makes more sense to voice your opinions during the BETA (the time that they are more open to constructive criticism), than during release, when much of the core structures (such as art direction), as been implemented. When has a Blizzard game EVER changed their graphical engine during a release? Never. Those changes had always been done during BETA.
<br /><br />I have no problem with people voicing their opinions on the graphics. What I have issues with is someone modifying the way the beta looks and then trying to get options implemented based on this when we know the graphics in the beta are not finished.

If you take some time to think about what you've said, you will see that there are underlying contradictions there.
You're trying to get an in game option implemented based on the colors of the current beta. There are already options implemented for graphics that are not yet working in the beta.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595672984

11/24/2011 07:26 AMPosted by Tiick
You're trying to get an in game option implemented based on the colors of the current beta. There are already options implemented for graphics that are not yet working in the beta.<br /><br />http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595672984<br /><br />

I have been playing around with those current config. settings you have listed, and they are pretty miscellaneous.
I find it pretty arrogant and hurtful when someone who's on the sidelines and asks and begs to change something that isnt their product.

If you can do better, make Diablette 3 and make it darker, and all you dark, pitch-black, people will be happy.

I would like to see what i'm doing, turn down your screen brightness if it pisses you off that much.

:)
11/24/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Rainarya
I find it pretty arrogant and hurtful when someone who's on the sidelines and asks and begs to change something that isnt their product.

Well, considering that we're asked for our opinions as beta testers, and quite a few of us are Blizzard fans, and Diablo fans.. I'd say that yes, in a way it IS my product.

Why on earth would you voice your opinion.... about forcing your opinion onto others?

"It's good enough for me so everyone else shut up and deal with it?" Lol? I find that pretty arrogant.
This makes me smile.. Sooooo much better. Looks and feels more like the old Gothic style of Diablo. I Hope Blizz wont slam bans on using this cuz it fixes exactly what I feel the game has been missing for me.
Hey people! Like this topic and request a Sticky so that Blizz notices that we want this to happen!
I like D3 the way it is. This just makes it harder and less pleasing on the eyes.

I get enough eye strain from BF3.
11/24/2011 07:21 PMPosted by Boomer
I like D3 the way it is. This just makes it harder and less pleasing on the eyes. <br /><br />I get enough eye strain from BF3.

Contrastingly, the filter tones down the eye piercing colors and sharpens the otherwise watered down textures, so it gives me much relief.
11/24/2011 06:58 AMPosted by Duality
<br /><br />That's completely fine. I respect your opinion, but keep in mind there are millions of fans who would love Diablo to be darker and grittier.<br /><br />From Bill Roper, producer, designer, and PR executive of Diablo 2:<br /><br />"I didn't look at it and go, oh my God that's horrible. But I looked at it and went, it's not really... to me as a player it just didn't really ring with Diablo."

LOL @ "millions".

90% of ALL statistics are made up.
11/24/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Shinobi
<br /><br />Well, considering that we're asked for our opinions as beta testers, and quite a few of us are Blizzard fans, and Diablo fans.. I'd say that yes, in a way it IS my product. <br /><br />Why on earth would you voice your opinion.... about forcing your opinion onto others? <br /><br />"It's good enough for me so everyone else shut up and deal with it?" Lol? I find that pretty arrogant.

Funny that you're in beta and have _zero_ idea WHY you are in beta.

You are not asked for your opinions. Your primary task as a beta tester, as stated many times by Blizz, is to test the infrastructure and throw your hardware configuration at the game.

It is in no way, shape, or form your product. Get over yourself.
Looks great