A checkbox for PvP games

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
It's been discussed quite a bit, but I think it was explained best in this video.<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIxRd6UlVk<br /><br />Have a good weekend!

In other word Blizzard just failed at listening to the community, fail.

I consider it the opposite. They listened to the majority that don't want gankers in their open world.
You forget about the "potting" problem; players activating potions. Sure, there is a cooldown on them...but that is better controlled in the PvP environment where players simply can't use them. In the arena, with the spawning of health globes, there is incentive to a "area of control" strategy as well as incentive to make a class focused more on offense than healing affixes.

11/18/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Faceitall
Sorry, but I find this a poor argrument.

And I find that to be a poor retort.

11/18/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Faceitall
World PvP would offer many different pvp scenarios not available in arena, such a 1v2, 1v3, ffa, or multiple team battles. Arena is very limiting, also consider that it is riddled with pillars, while the open world has every possible environment.

As far as 1v2 and 1v3 are considered, are you basically complaining that there will be no immediate unfair advantages? Arena is not limiting, it's balance. Nobody said that was the only arena (correct me if I'm wrong) map that will ever exist in Diablo III, but rather a place to start for a game that has never done this in its prequels. Those pillars are a tool to which players can add importance to regular movement (kiting, unpredictable movement, LOS for ranged).

Don't forget the fact that certain skills are going to be altered in a PvP environment for balancing. In other words, skills will behave different in campaign than they will in the arena. World PvP would just be a huge, unfair, gank fest that causes grief.

Arena, I hear, will also have multiple modes. Team Deathmatch was the one show cased at Blizzcon but I am not positive if multiple modes will make it in by release.
griefing? is that your way of saying your butthurt because you got pwned b4? be glad there is no open world pvp i would camp your for being such a puss.
11/21/2011 06:29 AMPosted by Phindo
those of you against open world pvp, just want to run your mouth with out fear of getting your !@# kicked and looking stupid why i camp your dead worthless corpse.

Thank you for teaching something here, listen up everyone. In order to play D3 you must love PvP. Also in order to play any multiplayer game you must love PvP. All those that do not like PvP must quit all multiplayer games. According to you

Here is my spin, okay you world PvP gankers, you just love ganking others. That is the only way you can win in a PvP match, you really do not have any skill at PvP. You suck at PvP and know that if ganking did not exist, you would never win a single match. So I say to the gankers, start developing some real skill at PvP. Or we will be the ones laughing at you. IMO the gankers are the ones complaining about no world PvP.

If world PvP existed like D2 then there would be many that would not play with you. Thus separating the community.

11/22/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Phindo
griefing? is that your way of saying your butthurt because you got pwned b4? be glad there is no open world pvp i would camp your for being such a puss.

Thank you for making our point for us.

With a guild name like that, I would say that the main purpose of your guild is to gank others, camping certain areas. If a higher level comes and could challenge you then you get your guild mates, or run away. You would keep ganking the person until they quit playing WoW. That is how I feel about your guild based on your name. You do realize that some players, even those that love PvP would want a break every now and then. Just like those that love the PvE part of a game. They would use PvP to break the boredom. I have done that in Superhero MMO's and had a blast.
11/22/2011 07:03 PMPosted by Johadiandunn
IMO the gankers are the ones complaining about no world PvP.

a month or two ago i would have disagreed with you. but the arguements ive seen from the pro pvp people for world pvp have made me realize this is the most true statement on these forums. however, i would like to see a duel option very very much
My mind just been violated....Wonder if I could sue blizzard for beta entry?
Just for the record, everyone that is complaining about no world pvp are not gankers. I love World pvp because it brings realism into the game. The bottom line is, go to a PVE server and do not force your will on others...
11/18/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's been discussed quite a bit, but I think it was explained best in this video.<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIxRd6UlVk<br /><br />Have a good weekend!

I think I contracted a disease from this video
11/22/2011 10:32 PMPosted by Hellslayer
Just for the record, everyone that is complaining about no world pvp are not gankers. I love World pvp because it brings realism into the game. The bottom line is, go to a PVE server and do not force your will on others...

Fine for WoW but not for D3, open world PvP in D3 would mean that I would not play with anyone at all. I like to be able to PvP on my terms, not PvP'ing when someone else wants me to. Consensual PvP is far better than forced PvP. More so when you have a coop environment like D3.
11/21/2011 04:50 AMPosted by Rainarya
In other word Blizzard just failed at listening to the community, fail.
<br /><br />No, they did their job, not listen to a few whiners.

This is why I think you're a troll.
11/23/2011 05:17 AMPosted by Klive
This is why I think you're a troll.

I'm sorry for stating the obvious ? Its what it is.
Not a pvp game people.That has been said too many time's now get over it.

Obviousl troll is obvious, and even if you're somehow serious, your lol Arena ratings speak for themselves about how bad you are at PvP.
It's been discussed quite a bit, but I think it was explained best in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIxRd6UlVk

Have a good weekend!

Bashiok, you have violated the forums code of conduct and as a result, your account has been banned from posting on the forums for 3 days.

(Reason: Trolling)
Rofl I think, I think, I was just trolled by bashiok! can we report him? jk jk

Honestly no one cares about you pvp hounds go to the arena that is what it is for!