Maybe inspection could reveal item origin

General Discussion
11/23/2011 01:14 AMPosted by Dogfishead
I think it would be cool if they implemented a feature where on the items there was some kind of identifier which tells other players whether you found, traded for, or purchased an item your character is wearing. I remember feeling a sense of accomplishment finding most of my gear. That was kind of ruined after all of the duping and botting. I know if I was looking at a character who was head to toe in gear he\she farmed themselves I would be much more impressed than someone who had "purchased" stamped on every item.

You do realize that regardless of how a player gets their items, skill does not come with the items. So how can someone buying the items really bother you, what do they for you to play with them. Also if you do not like it then you can keep farming inferno for as long as it takes to get all perfect items.

So with you and others this will be the new Gear Score huh, if you bought so much as one item, then you do not get to play with me, right? What about those that are farming inferno for the purpose of selling, so they cannot play D3 the way they want in order to sell to others. Or are you mad because you cannot trick someone into paying more for an item through some outdated barter system from D2. It should not matter how they got their items.

Heck as far as we know some of the gear may even be crafted. So how is that farming the same place over and over again to find it.

I know what is better make it where you have to buy all of your gear, because you would never be able to find it. See I can pull the same stunt as you. No reason to push the way you will play on others.
Would be cool if items had somthing that tells who found them...but thats all, no info about trades and all that..thats a waste.
Dumbest. Idea. Ever.
There is zero legitimate reason to distinguish items in this way. The only thing it accomplishes is to create division in the community and be an argument starter. It has no gameplay value, whatsoever.
I don't think there will be any items that originate from the ah.
It does not at all matter where the item came from. If you enjoy the fact that you gathered your gear on your own, good for you. I'm not sure why you're seeking others approval for the way you enjoy the game, as opposed to the way they enjoy it.

It would become nothing more than troll bait. "lol your opinion about <trivial D3 topic #2721> is pointless because you're a baddie and bought your gear hurr hurr". Blizzard wants to encourage the use of the RMAH, not discourage it by opening people up to hate because they like buying their gear. You like hunting, some people like buying. Nobody should be condemned for their method of enjoying the game.

There's only negative from this, nothing positive aside from a virtual pat on the back.

TLDR:

11/23/2011 10:11 AMPosted by BaalMangler
There is zero legitimate reason to distinguish items in this way. The only thing it accomplishes is to create division in the community and be an argument starter. It has no gameplay value, whatsoever.
Who cares if someone buys gear. To each their own. I mean they bought the games for themselves. If its fun for them to buy gear then buy it, if its fun to farm it then farm it.