This is why we will get a January 17th D3 (2)

General Discussion
I still say that MoP will not be 2013, I say it will be Starcraft 2's expac that will be a 2013 if they need more time. I really think that all three will be 2012. It will be D3 around January/February, MoP around July/August, Starcraft 2 around November 2012. I believe that Blizz has many dev teams for each of the releases. So they can be working on all of them around the same time. 2012 will be a big release year for Blizz. This finally closes the thread.

This seems to be what Mike Morhaime said during the Q3 conference call: "AT LEAST two new titles in 2012" (because 2011 had none). This will be:

- Diablo 3 in Jan/Feb 2012 (TBA at the Spike Awards on Dec 10, 2011)
- MoP Public Beta starting in Feb/March 2012 (to get people back from SWTOR)
- MoP Release in Summer 2012 (anything later woud be the DEATH of WoW!)
- SC2: HoS some time in late 2012
i agree
I don't really see how that implies a January 17th release, but okay (nor do I agree with the ramblings in the first thread).

If so, and they announce it at these "Spike Awards", it will be the very first game that was announced a mere month before release (it's always been 2-3). I'm going with the expected pattern before some guesses based on hype and impatience.
11/25/2011 07:58 AMPosted by Skyfire
I don't really see how that implies a January 17th release, but okay (nor do I agree with the ramblings in the first thread).<br /><br />If so, and they announce it at these "Spike Awards", it will be the very first game that was announced a mere month before release (it's always been 2-3). I'm going with the expected pattern before some guesses based on hype and impatience.

Considering that the game was officially pushed back to early 2012, the "announcement" has basically been made. I don't see a problem now to give an exact date about a month before the game ships.
I see HoTS out before MoP, but that's just me.

I don't understand what makes this a "Why we will get a Jan 17th D3" either, but ok. Can you explain this a bit more, because unless I'm missing something you said "Jan/Feb" release, how does that = Jan 17th?

EDIT - Also, What makes you guys think it'll be announced at the VGA's? Only thing Blizzard has ever done at the VGA's has been the release of the BC cinematic.
11/25/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Stiria
Also, What makes you guys think it'll be announced at the VGA's? Only thing Blizzard has ever done at the VGA's has been the release of the BC cinematic.

Exactly. And that one has been pushed back from late 2006 to mid January 2007 as well, just like Diablo 3 now - same situation. That's why the OP of the original (part 1) of the thread assumes that we'll see the announcement of Diablo 3's release date during this year's VGA show on Dec 10, 2011.
Ok, i'll at least buy that. The only difference in this situation, is that Burning Crusade went into the VGA show already having a release date announced. It is sorta the same situation, but not really.

I'm not trying to cut this down or anything, Because I would love to hear the release date be Jan 17th, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up, just to get crushed. I'm going to go into the VGA's, ready to hear nothing new.

If I'm proven wrong, I'm proven wrong and I'll be happy, otherwise at least I won't have been let down again.
There is no chance in hell that I am leaving SWTOR to play some Kungfupanda fighting thing.

Especially after playing now the SWTOR beta the game is simply AMAZING.
Hey you tried to steal my thread LOL

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595676279

I already made an ongoing thread lol
Sry, didn't see that one. So, let's go over there. ;)
11/25/2011 05:30 PMPosted by Druwin
Hey you tried to steal my thread LOL<br /><br />http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595676279 <br /><br />I already made an ongoing thread lol

Druwin I think you post reach to his limit. It's there any part 2?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595346308

Please read this guys. This confirmed my gut feelings that diablo 3 will be released in April or May.
11/25/2011 07:14 PMPosted by Auronaku
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595346308<br /><br />Please read this guys. This confirmed my gut feelings that diablo 3 will be released in April or May.

Amazon always had this listed as the release date this is the last day of Q1 Amazon has a policy that for unannounced titles they use the last possible date in the forecast period.
I don't really see how that implies a January 17th release, but okay (nor do I agree with the ramblings in the first thread).<br /><br />If so, and they announce it at these "Spike Awards", it will be the very first game that was announced a mere month before release (it's always been 2-3). I'm going with the expected pattern before some guesses based on hype and impatience.
<br />Considering that the game was officially pushed back to early 2012, the "announcement" has basically been made. I don't see a problem now to give an exact date about a month before the game ships.

this.
but not getting my hopes up tho.
/sad panda