D3 pushed back to Q2 2012?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
I know it's pointless to speculate on retailers estimated release dates, but it's pretty strange that a retailer would be so sure they have insider information as to email their customers this far in advance.

Amazon.de (translation): Yesterday, we informed you about Diablo III’s new release date being March 31st 2012. Now we have updated information from the developer, saying they won’t make this new projection either. Diablo III is now scheduled to release within the 2nd quarter of 2012, so we pushed the estimated release date back to June 30th 2012.Sorry for the confusion, thanks for your understanding, we’ll mail to you about the updated release date again soon, will make sure you have it the day it becomes available, yadda yadda ….

Source:http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-release-date-bingo#more-10017
Well, you said it yourself...

It's pointless to speculate.

What does Amazon's post mean? Nothing. Being as the game had no "official" release date, it doesn't mean anything.

It would suck hardcore though, if they are even a 10th of a percent on track with that. I hate the idea of it being a March release, let alone a April-June release.

I wouldn't put much weight in that though, not until Blizzard makes a formal announcement of the release date, which I don't see happening this year. SIGH.
I just came from that website. Who knows?!. Blizzard tend to release a game around two months after the official announcement ...kind of a heads up :-) That's the best guess I can give you.
I'd be slightly happy with that if it was the case since it means it will be coming out AFTER my exams/hell is done
I am not surprised. I knew that Diablo 3 would be delayed. and for all these guys anticipating a Q1 release, they will be sorely disappointed when they doesn't see Diablo 3 on shelves by Jan 17.
oh come the f on
Has anyone got an email for the North American division of Amazon??
I'll only beleive it when its annouced by Blizzard.
Wouldn't that be on track with the way diablo 2 was released?
I doubt it would be pushed back at this point .. but without a release date now .. and without a much larger wave than they have only managed in the last few weeks .. then late febuary or march is likly.. and a delay announcement would be after christmas
lol, there are people thinking that this game is coming out in January... ROFL...
at earliest, mid-March.
lol, there are people thinking that this game is coming out in January... ROFL...
at earliest, mid-March.

Yep. January release is very unlikely since they havent even announced it yet. Give it about 2 months(or so) after the announcement.
I really hope not, if it's true D3 is going to be the next vaporware like Duke Nukem Forever.
11/25/2011 07:59 PMPosted by Dada
why would they announce such thing in a day after thanksgiving?

It was from Amazon in Germany.

Thanksgiving is a North American holiday.
The only good thing out of this is that I will be able to concentrate even harder on my first semester at Uni.

yes 28years old and going back to uni for Civil Engineering lol
11/25/2011 05:34 PMPosted by SunnyH
I know it's pointless to speculate on retailers estimated release dates, but it's pretty strange that a retailer would be so sure they have insider information as to email their customers this far in advance.<br /><br />Amazon.de (translation): Yesterday, we informed you about Diablo III’s new release date being March 31st 2012. Now we have updated information from the developer, saying they won’t make this new projection either. Diablo III is now scheduled to release within the 2nd quarter of 2012, so we pushed the estimated release date back to June 30th 2012.Sorry for the confusion, thanks for your understanding, we’ll mail to you about the updated release date again soon, will make sure you have it the day it becomes available, yadda yadda ….<br /><br />Source:http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-iii-release-date-bingo#more-10017

I’d read as much into this date as all the previous DiabloWikirelease dates we’ve seen. But it is odd that Amazon.de would think they know something, with enough certainty to email their pre-order customers this far in advance of their listed date.

from the Diablo inc article.

quote in full.