magic find imbalanced?

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
person who contributes less gets the most loot?

MF takes up potential item slots that could be +dmg or other useful stats. so the more magic find you have, the less utility and damage you are contributing, yet you get the most loot.

isnt this inherently broken?

i think magic find should be added up from all characters in the group and then divided by the number of players so everyone gets the same loots for their troubles
I don't have a logical argument of why it should be one way or the other. I still think it's pretty okay the way it is now.
dude, take it easy with the threads...

MF is fine for solo, and for group, the MF helps monsters killed by everyone, not just the player wearing the gear...
11/27/2011 04:08 PMPosted by ZeroGhosT
dude, take it easy with the threads...<br /><br />MF is fine for solo, and for group, the MF helps monsters killed by everyone, not just the player wearing the gear...

i think the way it is now everyones loot is dependant on their own magic find.

so the people with +dmg and +utility stats doing the majority of the killing and downing the content are getting the least amount of loot
11/27/2011 04:11 PMPosted by Stampy
This dude just got #4 on the dps chart and lost a roll to #7, and is PISSED and spamming the D3 boards with crap, cause nobody on the wow forums cares.<br /><br /><br />Go back to wow. And by the way, since each person sees their own drops, you don't even have an argument.

i havent played wow in over 10 months. have you even read or comprehended this thread?
dude, take it easy with the threads...<br /><br />MF is fine for solo, and for group, the MF helps monsters killed by everyone, not just the player wearing the gear...
<br /><br />i think the way it is now everyones loot is dependant on their own magic find.<br /><br />so the people with +dmg and +utility stats doing the majority of the killing and downing the content are getting the least amount of loot
<br /><br />Wouldn't be anyworse than leeching in d2. Besides, it only increases your chance of quality items. I remember one season in d2 I had like 300+ mf on hammerdin and 800% mf on sorc and I never found crap. Its pretty much a crap shoot. MF just enhances your luck on quality items. If you the most loot as you put it then mf isn't really a factor.

Edit: If you want* the most loot as you put it then mf isn't really a factor.
If the MFer is really slacking on contributing to killing and just leeching drops, its on the rest of the group to make the decision to either tell them to put different gear on or leave.
Would you prefer the click fest in D2? I kill it with 450% MF but am not close enough to loot it?

I like the solution they came up with,and damn right I am going all MF.
This is an interesting point. But if I'm in a party and I have all my equipment setup for MF I still have to kill things go get drops don't I? If one team member kills a monster only that team member gets loot. Seems like it would be too hard to be a leach in this circumstance?
11/27/2011 04:17 PMPosted by DirtSpider
This is an interesting point. But if I'm in a party and I have all my equipment setup for MF I still have to kill things go get drops don't I? If one team member kills a monster only that team member gets loot. Seems like it would be too hard to be a leach in this circumstance?

as long as you are in range you get loot.
11/27/2011 04:17 PMPosted by DirtSpider

This is not how it works. It doesn't matter who kills the monster, anyone (and everyone) can get loot from one monster, but you only see your own.
If you're going to be magic finding then you'll probably have some magic find on, if it bothers you that much inspect people, kick "leeches" or go to a different game.

I'd personally have the MF averaged between all party members, but if not I'll deal with heavy leachers by removing them or myself from the game
i rather like the idea of averaging out the mf of everyone in the party. before you had some balance in lower mf=more loot, higher mf=better loot. but now it seems like it rewards stacking mf at the expense of damage stats in a party as long as you have people to carry you.
11/27/2011 04:20 PMPosted by KhaydarinXxX
<br /><br />as long as you are in range you get loot.

Did not know that. Well in that case the MF should be split between players in my opinion to be fair. But I don't find it to be that big of an issue or bother, like above said just kick out people that are leeching and not contributing.
Please stop making 1000000 threads.
11/27/2011 04:33 PMPosted by DirtSpider
<br /><br />as long as you are in range you get loot.
<br /><br />Did not know that. Well in that case the MF should be split between players in my opinion to be fair. But I don't find it to be that big of an issue or bother, like above said just kick out people that are leeching and not contributing.

well, my point is sure you can kick people or avoid playing with people. but why doesnt blizzard address this issue so the players dont have to create drama in every grouping to make sure people arent being exploited or used for magic find bots.

this negatively effects co-op play which blizzard has stated they dont want to do.
just have the loot that drops for everyone effected by the persons mf/gf who does the most damage to the mob or kills the mob...

that way people who don't stack magic find will be the ones who get booted ..
11/27/2011 04:42 PMPosted by Toyodah
just have the loot that drops for everyone effected by the persons mf/gf who does the most damage to the mob or kills the mob...<br /><br />that way people who don't stack magic find will be the ones who get booted ..

that creates a different problem.