Update to runestones?

General Discussion
I remember a video a while back talking about runestones being a problem with inventory space if they added affexes to them to have a large variety of runestone possibilities.

On this page http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/crafting-material/ you can now break down runestones to gather resources from them and possibly use them to craft more runestones to get the affexes of your desire and thus possibly eliminating the inventory problem.

Not sure if this is old news but would just like to point it out :P
I would like runestones to be stackable (up to stacks of 100 for each quality). Same with gems. I think this would be very much welcomed by the D3 community.
That has indeed been there for a little while.

In my view the issue with the system they said they're trying out is not how to get rid of ones you don't want. It's how to store all the ones you want to keep for future use, when every rune you find is going to have a unique combination of color, level, spell it is attuned to, random affix, and random number range for that affix.

The largest multiplier of all those characteristics is the rune being attuned to a particular spell of a particular class. Just get rid of that and you could share runes among different characters and cut down inventory bloat tremendously. Keeping runes that vary only in color, level, and affix would be quite manageable.
I actually never noticed that there... thats very interesting...

That pretty much settles the runes inventory space problem... you're completely right.
There is still the problem where if you switch skills, where does that rune go and i think there was another one... cant for the life of me remember it.

Anywho, good find, i wasnt aware that was there.
11/28/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Xanthippus
Keeping runes that vary only in color, level, and affix would be quite manageable.
Even this would be redonkleous. How many stacks of runes do you think you're going to be able to compress it down with, when you're dealing with ranks 5-7 of all 5 colours with multiple grades of various affixes that you like? We're still talking about a LOT of combinations here.
Oh nice! I didn't see that. Thanks!
11/28/2011 12:47 AMPosted by Thugmage
I would like runestones to be stackable (up to stacks of 100 for each quality). Same with gems. I think this would be very much welcomed by the D3 community.

maybe not a 100 , how bout 30/40/50 range?
just an opinion :)