My Sole Purpose For Playing D3 Over And Over

General Discussion
11/23/2011 12:19 AMPosted by Xeridea
^^ maybe this game isn't for you then.<br /><br />For me i can't wait to play the DH<br />Barbarian first<br />DH second<br />Wizard Third<br /><br />And the replayability is LOOT AND GOLD my friends to place on the RMAH and make some side income from your hobby.<br /><br />How is that NOT good?
<br />I am totally going to play D3 for hours and hours, just saying I don't see it being played over and over like may think, and many of the changes make the game bland, unfun, and departing from the RPG theme alltogether.

If you think synergies added more than they took away from D2 you need to get your head checked. The D3 skill system is far, far, far more intricate than the D2 skill system.

The only thing the D2 skill system had that was even slightly interesting was 1 pt wonder skills like mind blast, decrepify, cloak of shadows, natural resistance, etc.

Going from d2 where you have to dump 20-60 points in some skill you will NEVER use just so you can buff your main damage skill is bad design. What made it worse was rebalancing the game around those skills, making unsynergized skills ineffective.

D2's skill trees were straight up poorly designed.
I feel the D3 classes are not fun. The DH is probably the worst character of any game I have ever played. The monk is out of place, and emphasized in retarded ways, the WD is just a bunch of random creations flying everywhere. Barbarian may be ok.... but the sound effects are terrible. Wizard may be playable... but the retarded skill system, the entire game based on weapon damage, no synergies, lackluster skillset, and other bad decisions will hinder play significantly.

Also no ladder resets, and unknown if there will be uber content make the scene iffy, esp with the RMAH. Absolutely 0 character customization, boring as hell crafting, no runewords (OP ones were bad, but others made for interesting customization). Inferno may be slightly better than hell, but still I highly doubt it will actually be hard, since they are intending it to be played immediately after beating hell, at which point your gear probably will still be mediocre, will probably be a slightly harder transition than starting hell.

This troll post was not amusing.

11/23/2011 01:30 AMPosted by Çutter
thousands if not millions will use certain items as currency

No.
Aragorn: You have my sword
Legolas: and you have my bow
Gimli: and my axe!
11/22/2011 02:06 AMPosted by Demigo
So, when the game releases, who wishes to join me on this epic quest of extremely LARGE and EPIC proportions? Can you guys handle it?<br /><br />Who wants to static 4 man?

me.
i'll be ur partner of slaying
I feel the D3 classes are not fun. The DH is probably the worst character of any game I have ever played. The monk is out of place, and emphasized in retarded ways, the WD is just a bunch of random creations flying everywhere. Barbarian may be ok.... but the sound effects are terrible. Wizard may be playable... but the retarded skill system, the entire game based on weapon damage, no synergies, lackluster skillset, and other bad decisions will hinder play significantly.Also no ladder resets, and unknown if there will be uber content make the scene iffy, esp with the RMAH. Absolutely 0 character customization, boring as hell crafting, no runewords (OP ones were bad, but others made for interesting customization). Inferno may be slightly better than hell, but still I highly doubt it will actually be hard, since they are intending it to be played immediately after beating hell, at which point your gear probably will still be mediocre, will probably be a slightly harder transition than starting hell

I broke down after reading this.
I am totally going to play D3 for hours and hours, just saying I don't see it being played over and over like may think, and many of the changes make the game bland, unfun, and departing from the RPG theme alltogether.

How can you know the changes make the game bland, unfun and all that jazz? Hmm? Have you played the full game yet?

/sips coffee
D2 has less options played for years, d3 will have more no second thoughts about re playability. When it comes out we wont expect all the systems they implement.
11/23/2011 06:24 AMPosted by Forge
How can you know the changes make the game bland, unfun and all that jazz? Hmm? Have you played the full game yet?

Every skill in the game is a boring % weapon damage. I can not think of a more terribly boring design. Skills have 0 room for improvement. Having every skill in the game available at all times detracts from the game more than it helps. Crafting is 95% random, no presets on anything like runewords had (Don't want the OP ones, but having some choice was interesting).

11/23/2011 06:40 AMPosted by Wooty
D2 has less options played for years, d3 will have more no second thoughts about re playability. When it comes out we wont expect all the systems they implement.

No ladder resets, 0 reason to reroll any character ... what you gonna keep deleting all your characters just because?