♦♣♠♥ Grug's Late Night Thread - Artisans ♥♠♣♦

General Discussion
♦♣♠♥ Grug's Late Night Thread ♥♠♣♦
Does your posting schedule not match the majority of the community? Do you enjoy discussing and debating Diablo 3 into the wee hours of the morning? Well, my fellow night-owls, this is your spot. Because the night isn't over until you say so!

Tonight's topic is Artisans. Do you like the Blacksmith, Jeweler, and Mystic? Do you remember when the Blacksmith could add sockets? Do you think any of them look silly? Looking forward to leveling them up?
I like them all honestly, I love crafting. I almost never play games without some kind of crafting system anymore and I think the randomized way they are handling it in D3 is going to make it oh so frustratingly fun to try and get something amazing out of it. I can't wait to bang on my keyboard because pages of training just won't drop, I can't wait to grind for months trying to max them out, and I can't wait for people crying that it takes to long.

Yes, I am a huge fan of the Diablo grind, the game would be horrid if it gave you everything on a silver platter like some other games I won't mention. There is nothing about the artisans I don't look forward to honestly.
I'm going to miss having Cain identify my items...

But the Artisans is a pretty great way to approach item creation.
I like how blizz has set these systems up. If you are into leveling up and crafting you can and if for some weird reason you hate it you never have to break an item down into crafting peices and it's really easy to level up your crafter. It's all very intuitive and user friendly. I give them a lot of credit. I can't wait to use these systems myself.
For god sake if you're going to copy-paste your intro in every one of these at least fix the grammar.

11/26/2011 10:14 PMPosted by Grug
Do you have a posting schedule does not match the majority of the community?

..is grammatically incorrect and not a complete sentence. You have two choices:

"Does your posting schedule not match the majority of the community?"

OR

"Do you that have a posting schedule that does not match the majority of the community?"
11/26/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Bottle
For one thing, the Blacksmith doesn't seem to shaken up about the fact that he has to kill his wife.

Technically you can kill his wife, that aside he does not seem very grief ridden. But if you ask him about the death of his apprentice he gets all choked up and does not want to talk about it? Maybe he was having an affair with the apprentice?
If you talk to Haedrig later on, it is indicated that he is squelching his grief by dedicating himself to his work.
For god sake if you're going to copy-paste your intro in every one of these at least fix the grammar.
Do you have a posting schedule does not match the majority of the community?
..is grammatically incorrect and not a complete sentence. You have two choices:"Does your posting schedule not match the majority of the community?"OR"Do you that have a posting schedule that does not match the majority of the community?"
If you like fixing people's grammar you should proof read your own lol. "Do you that have a posting schedule that does not match the majority of the community?" uhhh??
I love seeing grammar !@#$'s get a taste of their own medicine!

Although the Grammar !@#$ is kind of right, if you're going to post the same damn thing every night at least make sure it's correct (Which I realize he already corrected, I was just sayin...)
I think I'm level 5 on the blacksmith, got a +34 att slinglock, best item in game =D. Haven't seem anything about other crafts, not implemented I assume?
It was unacceptable to have poor grammar in my threads for so long, though I do appreciate how many people are defending me! :)
well you obviously knew what he MEANT right? so what's the problem again?

AHA!
I think more customizability would be nice on the blacksmith. Atm you just give him recipes and the recipes are set and cannot change. What if you also supplied him with a white item for him to craft attributes on? That way once you reach the point where the blacksmith would become otherwise useless due to the base items in the recipes being trash compared to rares/legendaries, you could supply him with better base items to use.
You should now put *Spoiler* on your thread. Not everyone wants to know whats in the game currently, nor do they want to know BEFORE the game comes out.

11/27/2011 02:27 AMPosted by Rainarya
You should now put *Spoiler* on your thread. Not everyone wants to know whats in the game currently, nor do they want to know BEFORE the game comes out.<br /><br />

0/10
Well ole grug as I said in another thread I plan on maxing out all of my crafters on every character I create. This means destroying epic goodness of course but to me it will be worth it. I have no intentions of using the auction house function at all. I love crafting things and I get addicted to that aspect of the game. In diablo 2 I was addicted to gambling. In diablo 3 it will be the crafting.