The Purple Disco Ball Laser? WDF Blizz?

General Discussion
Really Blizz? You took out the arcane hydras and replaced it with a disco ball with a laser? I can't imagine the thought process that went in that, not to bash on the idea but the hydras were just better... It's a lot more fun to dodge projectiles than to run around the beam, at least you can still attack stuff as you're not forced to run in a certain direction. I really hope they change this back. I can understand the complaints that the hydras were too strong, but well I don't think they were, they can be dodged fairly easy, it just takes some situational awareness. If anything, I would lower the duration that the hydras stay out after death, that's what makes it hard, people don't pay attention and that hydra's sitting there shooting you the whole time you're trying to kill the next guy.
I fully agree, when I seen that I was like WTH! PLEASE Blizzard put the hydra's back, the dumb laser makes me feel like i'm playing StarCraft or Mass Effect! Please make it cool looking ethreal hydra's!
I don't like to complain, but those lasers doesn't fit in Diablo. They look like some sort of tech, that's not Diablo world.

If they wanted to nerf those arcane shots, just reduce the damage, or make them slower, but bring back the hydras or something more 'magical'.
compare to this wd offhand, it sure as hell does. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-ritual-prize
Blizzard already put in rockets and grenades into this game. Why are people still surprised? This is not Blizzard North, this is a below adequate team taking on a project that is too massive for them.
the arcane hydras were completely retarded on random monsters

not surprised you're the one starting the insecure carebear no-inspect-plz thread
11/26/2011 04:26 PMPosted by PanchoLefty
Blizzard already put in rockets and grenades into this game. Why are people still surprised? This is not Blizzard North, this is a below adequate team taking on a project that is too massive for them.

nothing i can say about the game mechanic and gameplay, but some of their ideas really suck.

You're wrong, Blizzard North was able to make an ancient game, left, tried to make a modern one and failed horribly.

On top of that, it's magic. Are you people really whining about magic now? THAT MAGIC LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE TECHNOLOGY TO ME SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

No, just no. Things evolve, it's been 20 years in sanctuary an they've gone from exploding potions to more sophisticated grenades and simple rockets, don't like it? Play some other class.
Diablo 3 is a gothic fantasy game and as a result it should have spells that fits in the settings. So to drive my point home, JUST eliminate the magic laser ball and replace it with the hydras.

Why?

The arcane lasers doesn't belong. If the game were Phantasy Star then magic lasers would work pretty good there because it is a mish-mash of fantasy and sci-fic. But Diablo 3 is different. And as a result it MUST have spells that is approriate to the setting and mood.

The Hydras work well in the context of the game, beause it is a fire-based spell, and it form is a three-head dragon sprouting from the ground to spit fireballs at the demons. This also works with the themes prevalent in the games-- humans fighing demons, and a war between heaven and hell.

Sorry Blizzard, but the disco laser ball is an EPIC FAIL.
I think the laser is pretty good gameplay. On the fence about whether or not I like its visual aesthetic. But if people are going to QQ to the extent of not buying the game over such a small issue, personally I'm glad I'll never have to encounter them in pubs.
This feels like a collective troll attempt seeing as how no one has provided pictures and Google provides no videos or pages from the past week or 24 hours. Good job, everyone. You made me perform a search online to disprove the Wizard disco ball. I do recognize the opening troll though, and I'm wondering why my previous execution of muting it didn't keep him muted. This time for sure, I'll never see another word from it.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbo=1&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&biw=1226&bih=1044&tbs=qdr:w&q=+site:us.battle.net+diablo+III+laser#q=%22diablo+III%22+hydra&hl=en&tbo=1&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&output=search&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ei=35HRTuHOLIyztweP-ZCyDQ&ved=0CAUQpwUoAg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=14b80aa14bd53676&biw=1226&bih=1044
I don't mind the laser balls. Most classes have a dash/jump/movement skill that lets me feel like I'm the god damned Batman dodging when they're about to tag me.

Perhaps we'll see the hydras later at higher levels/difficulties, but while I wasn't in the Beta during their reign, there were a lot of vocal complaints about them (at least as they were tuned) being death to many with minimal chance to respond.

Sure, I'll bet they could've been toned down to be dangerous without being an insta-kill if enough popped up near you, but so far I don't mind the arcane packs we have now. One of the only deaths I saw (on anyone) during my quest to become an Overachiever was from one of those packs.
Pic's or the spell wasn't changed.
As you can see, I'm busy resummoning Diablo.
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9893/lolwutf.png

Blizzard north wanted to make Diablo III an MMO according to an interview done with INC game informer. You honestly think that route would have been better?

Instead of WoW we would have had world of diablo. And guess what else? The isometric view would have also been ditched for a 3-D view like world of warcraft. So frankly the irony is amazing here. The fact that they were removed from Diablo was probably the best thing that could have happened for the kids that whine about Diablo looking like WoW on these forums.

It would have been World of Diablo had Blizzard North made Diablo III.

Dont believe me? Check it out yourself
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-diablo-podcast-52-max-schaefer-interviewed
Well I don't mind the disco balls, the hydras were allot more "Awesome".