The RMAH and the NEW demographic...

General Discussion
11/28/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Delphin
What makes you think this is a new demographic?

"Blizzard still rewards "putting your time into the game". But they now reward those who only WISH they could put in the time, but they have to work long hours. Remember, us old-timers are a huge reason for the success of D1 and D2. Blizzard keeps us in the battle. Time to even the playing field a little."

This is a new demographic in the sense that never before has a 3rd Diablo game been released for longtime (since the beginning) supporters.
11/28/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Nunnayo
is 29 still young? doesn't feel like it.
<br /><br />Im 32 man! I feel ancient compared to these dudes!

I'm 30.

11/28/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Bottle
You need people like me.<br />You need people like me so you can point your fingers and say 'That's the RMAH guy'<br />So.. what that make you ? Good ? You're not good.<br />You just know how to farm items for me. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I got cash.
<br /><br />Well done. :D That one actually made me laugh out loud (I pictured the accent and everything)<br /><br />+50

What movie is that from again?
Scarface.
11/28/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Batman
If you have to work long hours you shouldn't be playing video games in your spare time. Find a better job, Blizzard shouldn't have to cater to you.

youre obviously a kid who has never worked or had to support themselves fully.

and even though i work 45+ hours a week, ill still pump my free time into d3 because i like video games. wont spend money on RMAH... but ill spend free time
If you have to work long hours you shouldn't be playing video games in your spare time. Find a better job, Blizzard shouldn't have to cater to you.

Obviously Blizzard is more business savvy than you are.

Better to leave your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Its hard to find a better job when you are at the top of the pyramid, married to my beautiful wife, and living the life. I have no reason to look for more.
11/28/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Batman
I may still be "a kid" but I busted my !@# in school for my current salary.

as did most people who have a good salary. and people who continue to increase their salaries bust their !@# on the job too. better watch out. you seem to think your good grades will keep your job. need to try harder bud. or not... then youll have plenty of time to play d3
<br /><br />Democrats like yourself will be sure to buy it... ...I may still be "a kid" but I busted my !@# in school for my current salary.

That's cute.
Democrats like yourself will be sure to buy it... ...I may still be "a kid" but I busted my !@# in school for my current salary.

That's cute.

1 more so question, how did we all of suddenly relate politics to a video game? ./sigh
Can we keep politics out of one aspect of my life!

Note to you Batman; while I will admit that I was a tad irresponsible in my undergrad days; your arrogance of being "better" than everyone is frightening. I have a family (wife, 2 kids) getting my MBA full time and working 30-40 hours a week. Am I doing better or more than a classmate? No, I am just merely doing what I have to do, it would do you well to not try and "best" everyone, but just do your best and ignore comparisons.
Batman, sorry that your ego is be hurt by someone else having more dough than you. Learn while you are still young that those who don't have much should be spending more time working so they can earn the dough and spend less time whining about those that already have.

11/28/2011 09:49 PMPosted by Nunnayo
Batman, sorry that your ego is be hurt by someone else having more dough than you. Learn while you are still young that those who don't have much should be spending more time working so they can earn the dough and spend less time whining about those that already have. <br /><br />

So I read through this thread up till the post I have quoted.

Nunnayo, at first, I thought, "Hmm, cool he is educated."
Then I thought, "Interesting, he enjoys what he has in life. Good for him." (Clarify:that is not sarcastic)
I kept reading and had the impression of, "Cool, he is successful, but maintains who he is. Cool"
And now, as of this post, your personality has come full circle.

You are unhappy with your job, with your life, and ultimately what you have accomplished.
Sure you may have done well in your job, married a gorgeous girl, and have beautiful kids. But it is clear that somewhere along the way you became unhappy with the things you gave up along the way. The intangible life experiences you gave up...for money...for women.

All this because you continue to press how happy and successful you are, similar to the boy who cried wolf. You just keep saying it, over and over, and it just lost its credibility.

My wallet isn't fat, but neither is my waist.
My food isn't gourmet, but neither is my taste.

I'm content.
What do I say to someone who bought all their gear?
"Thankyou for you for doing business with me."

The RMAH is a great idea.
Now if only they put it in w...
This thread screams, "Internet needs a dedicated sarcasm font!"

It's usually easy to tell, but sometimes it's not. And it seems a lot of people have taken obviously sarcastic remarks here very seriously. This thread seems to have spiraled out of control as a result.
It's weird.

I'm your age OP, and make over 6 figures a year.

I love this game, and I love having a bad as* character; but when I find a godly item, i'm going to put it into the RMAH.

Not because I need the 5 bucks, but because I know I can get that item back in a month for 1/10th of the value I sold it for; and that right there is enjoyment for me.

Oh... this is assuming Inferno will be cake. I really do not believe Blizzard will make it hard for competent players, just new players. If i'm wrong and it's actually hard, then i'm using that dang item!
Does it slip everyone's mind that in order to sell these amazing items, us 'old timers' will get to rule hell and inferno? I don't know about you but I'm keeping the best stuff for myself. You can't buy the best gear if no1 is selling it. If there's no supply RMAH can't help you 'buy the game'.
Much later when the good gear is more common, (Which I hope is never an issue) you can buy some of it. I really hope that the best item in the game doesn't drop for the first three months. If things are as rare on the MF as they should be, then I see no problems that will arise from the RMAH.
I feel this is a non-issue.