Beta keys FYI

General Discussion
No one is entitled to a beta key.

The purpose of a beta is to give Blizzard feedback about the mechanics of the game.
In order to get reliable and widespread data, they must give the beta to all types of players. Keys will be given out to diehard fans, softcore fans, and people who don't own a single Blizzard game. To those with awesome computers, and those with crappy ones.

The beta does not exist to give players a sneak-peek at the game, or as a reward to players that have been loyal to Blizzard. The beta exists so that Blizzard can make D3 as great as possible.

Don't be selfish; the beta is for Blizzard and D3, not you.
zeek-a-zeek-a-zeek-a!
Fate entitled me to a beta key.
Nope. Beta to test servers, not mechanics.
Thanks...thanks...I guess I wasn't quite sure how betas worked, and that having hope and joking around is now illegal. Everyone, I'd like you all to thank zeek for enlightening us on how the world works. If it's not too much trouble, can you also explain how babies are made, and how we should all share like the good little children we are? Because you realize you are addressing the community like we are a bunch of little children don't you?

I hate people.
Thanks...thanks...I guess I wasn't quite sure how betas worked, and that having hope and joking around is now illegal. Everyone, I'd like you all to thank zeek for enlightening us on how the world works. If it's not too much trouble, can you also explain how babies are made, and how we should all share like the good little children we are? Because you realize you are addressing the community like we are a bunch of little children don't you?

I hate people.

longest thread ever!
11/24/2011 01:38 PMPosted by zeek
No one is entitled to a beta key.<br /><br />The purpose of a beta is to give Blizzard feedback about the mechanics of the game.<br />In order to get reliable and widespread data, they must give the beta to all types of players. Keys will be given out to diehard fans, softcore fans, and people who don't own a single Blizzard game. To those with awesome computers, and those with crappy ones.<br /><br />The beta does not exist to give players a sneak-peek at the game, or as a reward to players that have been loyal to Blizzard. The beta exists so that Blizzard can make D3 as great as possible.<br /><br />Don't be selfish; the beta is for Blizzard and D3, not you.

absolutely no one likes a teachers pet
I deserve a beta key because I wasted a lot of money towards Blizzard. Now shut up and take my money and give me D3.
Ding ding ding..And the winner is...
I deserve a beta key because I don't... come on reverse psychology!