Ok, so we capped out. 1/17/2012 Continued!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 22 Next
[quote="36378070431"]We know that haters gotta hate!<br />

Well, that is actually an opinion, there is potential for the haters to bring much love.
Well if you look at the commercials for the VGAs diablo 3 is def gonna be shown, however will they announce a release date who knows..............but i dont imagine bliz pushing the game back further then 3 months from its original release date which would put it in Feb and i can totally see it coming out AFTER valentines day and saving any relationship us nerds MIGHT have. Plus that gives time for all the little nerdies to play through their xmas games so yeah jan prob alittle too early, but im hoping its as soon as possible.
april 21st
There's nothing official.
11/26/2011 07:22 AMPosted by FixtionFXR
Here's two examples, there's still many more I've yet to document..<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQtRnQTq20<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98s3J8XWQc<br /><br />Not to mention this is a new thread to the same issue that's been ongoing.<br />http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595571528?page=1

AH related, 'nuff said. Since real money is involved here (if you use the RMAH), it has to run perfectly. The game can still go golden, though, and they have time to fix the AH until mid January 2012.
Here's two examples, there's still many more I've yet to document..<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQtRnQTq20<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98s3J8XWQc<br /><br />Not to mention this is a new thread to the same issue that's been ongoing.<br />http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595571528?page=1
<br />AH related, 'nuff said. Since real money is involved here (if you use the RMAH), it has to run perfectly. The game can still go golden, though, and they have time to fix the AH until mid January 2012.

The first video is a complete disconnect form the server by unbinding and rebinding the health potion hotkey with 0 health potions available. That's a major bug.

Secondly, people have been falling through the environment into 'black zones' with no way out except for a relog.

Gold has been glitching to unreachable spots, so goes for some stash drops.

Rapid fire and Firebats is causing some users to disconnect from the server, or to glitch the spell into a uninterrupted spam.

The list goes on. If you've been playing since day.1 and have not experience any of these, then I guess you're perfect. I've only been playing since nov.14 and have replicated the majority of these bugs. There are more being found every hour.

how about this they will release d3 when its done and you know what im good with that answer
<br />AH related, 'nuff said. Since real money is involved here (if you use the RMAH), it has to run perfectly. The game can still go golden, though, and they have time to fix the AH until mid January 2012.

Let's be clear the timing of the release is covered in my post the only thing that is really holding the game back is RMAH. This was covered in the Q3 call. The game is done, the was CLEARLY covered. They will be making "playability tweaks." The game has already gone to press.
<br />The first video is a complete disconnect form the server by unbinding and rebinding the health potion hotkey with 0 health potions available. That's a major bug.<br /><br />Secondly, people have been falling through the environment into 'black zones' with no way out except for a relog.<br /><br />Gold has been glitching to unreachable spots, so goes for some stash drops.<br /><br />Rapid fire and Firebats is causing some users to disconnect from the server, or to glitch the spell into a uninterrupted spam.<br /><br />The list goes on. If you've been playing since day.1 and have not experience any of these, then I guess you're perfect. I've only been playing since nov.14 and have replicated the majority of these bugs. There are more being found every hour.<br /><br /><br /><br />

These are fixes that are not uncommon. Not 2 minutes ago I got knocked off line when I dropped a stack of "scroll of Companion" into my hot bar. But it was the first time I have ever been knocked off in the beta!
OK once and for all! blizzard has said diablo 3 will be released in early 2012 or q1. Not 3-5 month's from the q1 date to much negative people on here were lucky to see diablo 3 after all. Be greatful blizz could have ended up not making the game and you would be stuck playing d2 or sc2 or wow. Stop being misled by all these trolls teabaggers or others on here stick to what blizzard has said and be done with this.
[quote]The game has already gone to press.

I thought that too, but don't they always proudly make an announcement once a game is "golden"?
I bet it comes out this summer lol
I'm in the beta since day one from patch 1 to 6, I've played the game dozens of times with all classes - male and female - and I've found ZERO bugs. Occasional, minor glitches yes, but nothing that qualifies as a bug

You must not be looking very hard and you must not be using the AH because the AH is, and has always been pretty broken. Not to mention a ton of other bugs that are constantly reported on the Beta Bug Forum. The fact they still haven't worked out all the bugs in the AH (which is a lot more complex than the WoW AH) in about 2 months is another indicator that January is a bit too soon for this game to be done (Especially when they are going to have an AH with REAL money so they have to be absolutely positive the real money AH doesn't "eat" your currency like the current gold AH does.)

And Druwin, okay, lets start over. In your OP the first paragraph is you claiming you do this for a living with absolutely zero evidence to back this up. My "opinion" is that you're lying through your teeth.

Your second and third paragraphs are complete guesses, both of which I disagree with.

Your fourth Paragraph sets up the basic premise for the rest of your post which is Blizzard is worried about games stealing their playerbase, and that the only game capable of this is SW:ToR. First of all, I don't considering it a threat, it's competition. And yes, ToR will steal some people from WoW, that's a given that I'm sure Blizzard is aware of it.

The fifth Paragraph goes on to state some statistics (Which sound reasonable) and then you state what sounds like a fact in regards to the next WoW patch. In all honestly the patch being released on the same date as ToR or a few weeks before (ie the 29th like many people have suggested) isn't going to make a significant difference. Those that love PvP and raiding are going to be arenaing and doing the Death wing raid through the ToR launch. I still doubt they are holding off on the patch/Arena season for another month.

You should really generate some statistics for how much of the WoW playerbase they lose due to lack of new content (ie end game raids) because that is a very significant motivation for them to release new content asap and not wait around for ToR (because it's very possible the amount of people they lose due to lack of content is larger than the amount of people they will prevent from going to ToR). I would also assume that anyone who deosn't go to ToR because of the new raid patch will go to ToR after they are done with the new raid so it's really only delaying the move to ToR, not really preventing it in most cases. Because of this I doubt they significantly delayed the Patch to coincide with ToR, it would make more sense if they've worked a ton of hours just to get it out before the holidays

Sixth Paragraph just mentions more statistics that sound reasonable.

And Paragraph seven is the entire point of your post based on the premise of paragraph four.

Then 8 lists a bunch of demographs that don’t really support your point based on your premise

1) WoW Diehards? Cool, they are sticking with WoW
2) D2 diehards? Cool, they are getting D3 no matter what
3) Game hoppers? They hop around games regardless, D3’s release is irrelevant because they are getting D3 and still choosing between ToR and WoW
4) Star Wars fans? Uhh, they are going to ToR no matter what.
5) New games? Spike awards? Really? Where on earth do you get that the spike awards determine what game new gamers pick up?

The Spike awards has no credibility and no basis for being the sole determining factor in regards to new gamers. In addition since your entire supporting demographic explanation relies on the Spike awards to prove your point, hopefully you and all the other blind sheep will accept the fact that it’s not coming out on Dec. 17th. It’s my “opinion” that the release date will *not* be announced at the Spike Awards.

Then 9 you go about stating that Blizzard never had any intention of doing Diablo 3 Beta opt-ins, they only did because Diablo 3 wasn’t released this year. There’s a few things that contradict this statement including many threads by Blizzard employees stating the purpose of the Beta as well as the battle.net opt in page which has been pimped by Blizzard well before the announcement of ToR. Another note was the opt-in page being updated to obtain additional information, what on earth would they update that for if they had no use for opt-ins? There’s absolutely no evidence supporting your ridiculous accusation yet there is some evidence that support an actual use and desire for opt-ins.

Then you go on to ask why anyone would release a game in a market with assassin’s creed, MW3 and Elder Scrolls. First of all Blizzard doesn’t really care as they (and you) said it would have sold very well. Second of all, January is right after Christmas and boxing day. People spend all their money during Christmas and boxing day so they don’t really have a lot left over (a lot of people get in debt after Christmas). Third they would want Diablo 3 and MW3 to be released in the same Fiscal year because they both come from the same company which is good for their company, good for stockholders and good for investors.

So you’ve basically put together a tinfoil hat theory about Diablo 3 being done but put on the back burner and purposely delayed for the sole reason of competing with the whopping 6.34% of WoW players that will leave for ToR without actually explaining how releasing Diablo 3 will actually affect WoW players leaving for ToR. If WoW players are going to leave WoW for either Diablo or ToR, they are still going to leave WoW so it makes no sense to delay Diablo 3. In fact it would make MORE sense to release Diablo 3 this year to get all those people’s $$$ before they can get into ToR (Because someone who’s into ToR is going to put D3 on the backburner until they are done with ToR, and if it’s as big a thread as you seem to think people will be playing it for a while. If it’s not a threat then everyone will go back to WoW or D3 anyways)

The most likely scenario is that Blizzard will actually just release Diablo 3 when it’s ready to be released, and all the information they’ve told us about its development cycle is actually the truth. That is they ran into some infrastructure issues since the AH is the most complex one they’ve ever done and the network infrastructure they are using is brand new. They are using the time from this recent problem to improve the rune system, figure out how to handle PvP, update all the items, balance all the items, balance all the difficulties and let us know once they have more info on when Diablo 3 will be done.
11/26/2011 08:44 AMPosted by Druwin
Druwin, you seriously need to stop posting. Your continued wrong information is only making things worse on people. Several people have proven all your info wrong already, yet you continue to post and make up !@#$.
<br /><br />Not a single point I have made has been proven wrong. Other people have come here an voiced their opinions which have been welcomed and I have given thought and consideration to each. If an when all of my points miss the mark I will post a retraction thread and give everyone a equal chance to post their "I told you so."<br /><br />For now what do we know? <br /><br />We know that 95% of the posts on my threads are positive and people agree that having Diablo ASAP is what we want. <br /><br />We know that the Spike awards are on 12/10/2011! <br /><br />We know that Deckard Cain has a book which is also an in game relic being published and set for release 12/13/2011. You can visit any book store and pre-order this book. This is the same book that Leah is reading in the Black Soulstone trailer.<br /><br />We know that haters gotta hate!<br />

11/26/2011 07:22 AMPosted by FixtionFXR
<br />I'm in the beta since day one from patch 1 to 6, I've played the game dozens of times with all classes - male and female - and I've found ZERO bugs. Occasional, minor glitches yes, but nothing that qualifies as a bug, let alone severe bug. The game looks VERY ready to me unless you are running it on an outdated operating system or "exotic" hardware.<br /><br />Patch frequency has inceased significantly since patch 5, and if there wasn't Thanksgiving last week, we would be in patch 7 by now (likely this week then). This tells me that they are making the final steps for launch. I assume there will be a LOT of beta invites going out when SWTOR launches mid December. This will be the closing stress test before the game launches mid January 2012.
<br />Here's two examples, there's still many more I've yet to document..<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSQtRnQTq20<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98s3J8XWQc<br /><br />Not to mention this is a new thread to the same issue that's been ongoing.<br />http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595571528?page=1

Just To reminds YOU idiots, If these major bugs in the beta are ongoing throughout December then your Jan 17 release date is a moot point. My predictions of a April-May release date is based on the RMAH and the GAH bugs being smoothed out. And there may possibly be other highly-persistent game-breaking bugs that may be hard to squash. If Jan 17 comes around and still no Diablo 3 then I'll be laughing at you for your unrealistic predictions while you mope around muttering about mistaked assumptions. I am a realist, and I think Amazon might have good insider information if they sent emails that say that Diablo 3 may be delayed yet again. After all, Amazon has a good business relationship with Blizzard.

Druwin, You may be a market anaylst, but often people like you are often wrong. They may predict some trends very well, but others won't materialize, or even go the opposite way. You need to realize that the market is a chaotic place, and what assumption that you usually have could be shattered in seconds when a counter-argument is PROVEN right.

In my opinion, Blizzard won't release Diablo 3 on Jan 17. The game at that point may still not be ready for release, what with many of these major bugs still being addressed. Another reason for delaying is that Blizzard feels that in order for Diablo 3 to be a runaway success, they need to fine-tune both the rune-stone system and the RM/GAH in order to make it as balanced as possible, even if it means major alterations (like adding another rune to the runestone system, for example). You may not like what I am saying, but the arguments you have for a Jan 17th release date is unrealistic and counter-productive.

Another thing I am also taking in account is Murphy's law. Anything that can go wrong with the servers might EVEN delay Diablo 3 by a few months, and that's the exact reason why the damned beta is so small right now. Blizzard's techs are trying to optimize the servers as best as they can, but they've has run into problems before, and they can again, though.

It 's time you reformulate your theory on release dates, taking all MY arguments into account. I am a realist. You are not, and you need to talk to the Beta players and note their observations before you make more ASSumptions.
11/25/2011 09:41 PMPosted by Randomed
It'll be out when it's out.
@BazDefunct dude go away you are probably giving the OP a rash, hell you are even giving me one by proxy.
@BazDefunct dude go away you are probably giving the OP a rash, hell you are even giving me one by proxy.

Funny thing about public forums....
11/26/2011 11:33 AMPosted by BazDefunct
I'm in the beta since day one from patch 1 to 6, I've played the game dozens of times with all classes - male and female - and I've found ZERO bugs. Occasional, minor glitches yes, but nothing that qualifies as a bug
<br /><br />You must not be looking very hard and you must not be using the AH because the AH is, and has always been pretty broken. Not to mention a ton of other bugs that are constantly reported on the Beta Bug Forum. The fact they still haven't worked out all the bugs in the AH (which is a lot more complex than the WoW AH) in about 2 months is another indicator that January is a bit too soon for this game to be done (Especially when they are going to have an AH with REAL money so they have to be absolutely positive the real money AH doesn't "eat" your currency like the current gold AH does.)<br /><br />And Druwin, okay, lets start over. In your OP the first paragraph is you claiming you do this for a living with absolutely zero evidence to back this up. My "opinion" is that you're lying through your teeth. <br /><br />Your second and third paragraphs are complete guesses, both of which I disagree with.<br /><br />Your fourth Paragraph sets up the basic premise for the rest of your post which is Blizzard is worried about games stealing their playerbase, and that the only game capable of this is SW:ToR. First of all, I don't considering it a threat, it's competition. And yes, ToR will steal some people from WoW, that's a given that I'm sure Blizzard is aware of it.<br /><br />The fifth Paragraph goes on to state some statistics (Which sound reasonable) and then you state what sounds like a fact in regards to the next WoW patch. In all honestly the patch being released on the same date as ToR or a few weeks before (ie the 29th like many people have suggested) isn't going to make a significant difference. Those that love PvP and raiding are going to be arenaing and doing the Death wing raid through the ToR launch. I still doubt they are holding off on the patch/Arena season for another month.<br /><br />You should really generate some statistics for how much of the WoW playerbase they lose due to lack of new content (ie end game raids) because that is a very significant motivation for them to release new content asap and not wait around for ToR (because it's very possible the amount of people they lose due to lack of content is larger than the amount of people they will prevent from going to ToR). I would also assume that anyone who deosn't go to ToR because of the new raid patch will go to ToR after they are done with the new raid so it's really only delaying the move to ToR, not really preventing it in most cases. Because of this I doubt they significantly delayed the Patch to coincide with ToR, it would make more sense if they've worked a ton of hours just to get it out before the holidays<br /><br />Sixth Paragraph just mentions more statistics that sound reasonable.<br /><br />And Paragraph seven is the entire point of your post based on the premise of paragraph four.<br /><br />Then 8 lists a bunch of demographs that don’t really support your point based on your premise<br /><br />1) WoW Diehards? Cool, they are sticking with WoW<br />2) D2 diehards? Cool, they are getting D3 no matter what<br />3) Game hoppers? They hop around games regardless, D3’s release is irrelevant because they are getting D3 and still choosing between ToR and WoW<br />4) Star Wars fans? Uhh, they are going to ToR no matter what.<br />5) New games? Spike awards? Really? Where on earth do you get that the spike awards determine what game new gamers pick up?<br /><br />The Spike awards has no credibility and no basis for being the sole determining factor in regards to new gamers. In addition since your entire supporting demographic explanation relies on the Spike awards to prove your point, hopefully you and all the other blind sheep will accept the fact that it’s not coming out on Dec. 17th. It’s my “opinion” that the release date will *not* be announced at the Spike Awards.<br /><br />Then 9 you go about stating that Blizzard never had any intention of doing Diablo 3 Beta opt-ins, they only did because Diablo 3 wasn’t released this year. There’s a few things that contradict this statement including many threads by Blizzard employees stating the purpose of the Beta as well as the battle.net opt in page which has been pimped by Blizzard well before the announcement of ToR. Another note was the opt-in page being updated to obtain additional information, what on earth would they update that for if they had no use for opt-ins? There’s absolutely no evidence supporting your ridiculous accusation yet there is some evidence that support an actual use and desire for opt-ins.<br /><br />Then you go on to ask why anyone would release a game in a market with assassin’s creed, MW3 and Elder Scrolls. First of all Blizzard doesn’t really care as they (and you) said it would have sold very well. Second of all, January is right after Christmas and boxing day. People spend all their money during Christmas and boxing day so they don’t really have a lot left over (a lot of people get in debt after Christmas). Third they would want Diablo 3 and MW3 to be released in the same Fiscal year because they both come from the same company which is good for their company, good for stockholders and good for investors.<br /><br />So you’ve basically put together a tinfoil hat theory about Diablo 3 being done but put on the back burner and purposely delayed for the sole reason of competing with the whopping 6.34% of WoW players that will leave for ToR without actually explaining how releasing Diablo 3 will actually affect WoW players leaving for ToR. If WoW players are going to leave WoW for either Diablo or ToR, they are still going to leave WoW so it makes no sense to delay Diablo 3. In fact it would make MORE sense to release Diablo 3 this year to get all those people’s $$$ before they can get into ToR (Because someone who’s into ToR is going to put D3 on the backburner until they are done with ToR, and if it’s as big a thread as you seem to think people will be playing it for a while. If it’s not a threat then everyone will go back to WoW or D3 anyways)<br /><br />The most likely scenario is that Blizzard will actually just release Diablo 3 when it’s ready to be released, and all the information they’ve told us about its development cycle is actually the truth. That is they ran into some infrastructure issues since the AH is the most complex one they’ve ever done and the network infrastructure they are using is brand new. They are using the time from this recent problem to improve the rune system, figure out how to handle PvP, update all the items, balance all the items, balance all the difficulties and let us know once they have more info on when Diablo 3 will be done.<br />

I'm with Baz on this one, too. We are realists, whereas you are not. We knows how much work goes into a game, including the concept art and the programming. A poorly done game won't sell.

If Diablo 3 is buggy at release, it might turn many gamers off. You may say that the game is pretty much done, but if there are major game-breaking bugs there then we will feel betrayed. The point is that once Blizzards says that a game is done, it is DONE. That mean we may need to expect more delay, especially with the RMAH and GAH intrastructure being applied to Diablo 3's inner workings.