Ok, so we capped out. 1/17/2012 Continued!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 22 Next
11/25/2011 07:15 PMPosted by Auronaku
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595346308<br /><br />Please read this guys. This confirmed my gut feelings that diablo 3 will be released in April or May.

One retailer saying that they got info on it doesn't mean it's legit. That is an automated letter. America's Amazon doesn't even list a date. Best Buy still says 2/1/2012. None of them know until Blizzard says the release date. Blizzard does not tell retailers the date until the same time they tell us. That has been said MANY times. Amazon does not have inside information. Blizzard still is on the Early 2012 which at latest is Q1, Match 2012.
EB games has the pre-order for D3 and D3 - Collectors and is listing the release date as 01/02/2012 not sure how acurate it is but that's the date i was told in store as well as the release date on their site.
11/26/2011 10:22 AMPosted by Loner
Druwin your original post is quite an interesting read. Cheers if you get this right.<br /><br />If I was Blizzard and saw this I'd delay/advance it a day just to mess with you :P

LOL, I'm not that important I don't think they care about me.
11/26/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Druwin

You're so modest! most of 26 pages full of people kissing your !@# and you still felt the need to create a second thread so I think you think you're more important than you'd have people believe. Although you are correct for once, you aren't actually that important :)
11/26/2011 01:35 PMPosted by BazDefunct
<br /><br />You're so modest! most of 26 pages full of people kissing your !@# and you still felt the need to create a second thread so I think you think you're more important than you'd have people believe. Although you are correct for once, you aren't actually that important :)

relax guy. He only continued the thread because it capped out in the original. And really there's nothing more to talk about for this game besides the release date.
11/26/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Auronaku
Just To reminds YOU idiots, If these major bugs in the beta are ongoing throughout December then your Jan 17 release date is a moot point. My predictions of a April-May release date is based on the RMAH and the GAH bugs being smoothed out. And there may possibly be other highly-persistent game-breaking bugs that may be hard to squash. If Jan 17 comes around and still no Diablo 3 then I'll be laughing at you for your unrealistic predictions while you mope around muttering about mistaked assumptions. I am a realist, and I think Amazon might have good insider information if they sent emails that say that Diablo 3 may be delayed yet again. After all, Amazon has a good business relationship with Blizzard.

You're silly, you do realize that Amazon reset their release back to Q1 right?
And Druwin, okay, lets start over. In your OP the first paragraph is you claiming you do this for a living with absolutely zero evidence to back this up. My "opinion" is that you're lying through your teeth.

Enough people have posted and have read this thread who know me in real life that is I was being dishonest they would have called me out. Furthermore if I listed any type of my personal information on these boards I would be in a direct TOS violation. With all that being said you don't have to believe me, I am totally comfortable with you thinking I am a liar.

Your second and third paragraphs are complete guesses, both of which I disagree with.

I think you must be thick, or simply unable to process the fact that the entire thread is my guess. What is so hard to understand about the part where I said this is all my opinion.

Your fourth Paragraph sets up the basic premise for the rest of your post which is Blizzard is worried about games stealing their playerbase, and that the only game capable of this is SW:ToR. First of all, I don't considering it a threat, it's competition. And yes, ToR will steal some people from WoW, that's a given that I'm sure Blizzard is aware of it.

Thank you for the summary.

The fifth Paragraph goes on to state some statistics (Which sound reasonable) and then you state what sounds like a fact in regards to the next WoW patch. In all honestly the patch being released on the same date as ToR or a few weeks before (ie the 29th like many people have suggested) isn't going to make a significant difference. Those that love PvP and raiding are going to be arenaing and doing the Death wing raid through the ToR launch. I still doubt they are holding off on the patch/Arena season for another month.

I actually agree and I think that the patch may actually come out on the 6th now. But the new pvp season will begin on the 20th either way. I know that one to be fact.

You should really generate some statistics for how much of the WoW playerbase they lose due to lack of new content (ie end game raids) because that is a very significant motivation for them to release new content asap and not wait around for ToR (because it's very possible the amount of people they lose due to lack of content is larger than the amount of people they will prevent from going to ToR). I would also assume that anyone who deosn't go to ToR because of the new raid patch will go to ToR after they are done with the new raid so it's really only delaying the move to ToR, not really preventing it in most cases. Because of this I doubt they significantly delayed the Patch to coincide with ToR, it would make more sense if they've worked a ton of hours just to get it out before the holidays

Clearly you don't understand that these delays WERE made because of TOR this part is not speculation this is transcript fact. Purchase a couple of shares of stock and read up a little on the weekly stock reporting that come out. Again I won't post up the statistics because it's a TOS violation. You can simply think I am a liar on this as well. I'm good with that.

Sixth Paragraph just mentions more statistics that sound reasonable.And Paragraph seven is the entire point of your post based on the premise of paragraph four.

Yet another summary, I love it.

Then 8 lists a bunch of demographs that don’t really support your point based on your premise1) WoW Diehards? Cool, they are sticking with WoW
2) D2 diehards? Cool, they are getting D3 no matter what
3) Game hoppers? They hop around games regardless, D3’s release is irrelevant because they are getting D3 and still choosing between ToR and WoW
4) Star Wars fans? Uhh, they are going to ToR no matter what.
5) New games? Spike awards? Really? Where on earth do you get that the spike awards determine what game new gamers pick up?

I added this parts in simply for fun. Oddly enough they pulled in about 35% of the threads replies. I'm glad I wrote them.

The Spike awards has no credibility and no basis for being the sole determining factor in regards to new gamers. In addition since your entire supporting demographic explanation relies on the Spike awards to prove your point, hopefully you and all the other blind sheep will accept the fact that it’s not coming out on Dec. 17th. It’s my “opinion” that the release date will *not* be announced at the Spike Awards.

If your wrong will you stop posting?

Then 9 you go about stating that Blizzard never had any intention of doing Diablo 3 Beta opt-ins, they only did because Diablo 3 wasn’t released this year. There’s a few things that contradict this statement including many threads by Blizzard employees stating the purpose of the Beta as well as the battle.net opt in page which has been pimped by Blizzard well before the announcement of ToR. Another note was the opt-in page being updated to obtain additional information, what on earth would they update that for if they had no use for opt-ins? There’s absolutely no evidence supporting your ridiculous accusation yet there is some evidence that support an actual use and desire for opt-ins.

Ok for this portion I sadly cannot say anymore then I already have. I was reminded very quickly after posting this that I am under an NDA for some areas and that this touched very close to it. This is why I haven't touched this area and why I will not touch it now.

Then you go on to ask why anyone would release a game in a market with assassin’s creed, MW3 and Elder Scrolls. First of all Blizzard doesn’t really care as they (and you) said it would have sold very well. Second of all, January is right after Christmas and boxing day. People spend all their money during Christmas and boxing day so they don’t really have a lot left over (a lot of people get in debt after Christmas). Third they would want Diablo 3 and MW3 to be released in the same Fiscal year because they both come from the same company which is good for their company, good for stockholders and good for investors.

So you’ve basically put together a tinfoil hat theory about Diablo 3 being done but put on the back burner and purposely delayed for the sole reason of competing with the whopping 6.34% of WoW players that will leave for ToR without actually explaining how releasing Diablo 3 will actually affect WoW players leaving for ToR. If WoW players are going to leave WoW for either Diablo or ToR, they are still going to leave WoW so it makes no sense to delay Diablo 3. In fact it would make MORE sense to release Diablo 3 this year to get all those people’s $$$ before they can get into ToR (Because someone who’s into ToR is going to put D3 on the backburner until they are done with ToR, and if it’s as big a thread as you seem to think people will be playing it for a while. If it’s not a threat then everyone will go back to WoW or D3 anyways)

Were you crying when you wrote this because your words speak to my soul.

The most likely scenario is that Blizzard will actually just release Diablo 3 when it’s ready to be released, and all the information they’ve told us about its development cycle is actually the truth. That is they ran into some infrastructure issues since the AH is the most complex one they’ve ever done and the network infrastructure they are using is brand new. They are using the time from this recent problem to improve the rune system, figure out how to handle PvP, update all the items, balance all the items, balance all the difficulties and let us know once they have more info on when Diablo 3 will be done.

I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it. Now that I have replied to you I'm not going to again unless you have something else to say. Your entire position is listed below, I have included a summary for you.

I disagree with the OP.
And after Dec 10, we'll make a 3rd thread. ;)
Druwin, You may be a market anaylst, but often people like you are often wrong. They may predict some trends very well, but others won't materialize, or even go the opposite way. You need to realize that the market is a chaotic place, and what assumption that you usually have could be shattered in seconds when a counter-argument is PROVEN right.

The funny thing is I am not forcing you to believe anything. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong! I'm been wrong before (I think.)
No matter if we're right with Dec 10, 2011 and Jan 17, 2012, one thing is sure: "Doomsday" is coming for WoW in 23 days and Blizzard will have to pull all registers to get away with a blue eye. Mark my words. ;)
Your OP, and later posts just remind me of human kind trying to justify God's existence.
Go around it as many times as you want, throw numbers and statistics and ornate them with cool graphs. Still no FACTS there.

I'm sorry, but your line of business is the one I hate the most, even more than lawyers.

Risk assurance companies are the ones that bring down entire countries' economies.
The ones that are now saying that USA is a bad place to invest. That Europe must separate. That emergent countries will be the new great powers. That China will eat up the entire world.

They fool people into thinking "a lot of non solid, questionable and sometimes even impossible data, mashed up and put up nicely to resemble the shape of a Fact", when there's absolutely not a single piece of hard evidence right there.

It's very easy to induce the mass into thinking something when you brainstorm it, either if it's Hope or Panic.
Say the world is going to end tomorrow with mashed up "facts", and it probably will. Not because you were right just because YOU CAUSED IT.

Too bad you can't cause Diablo 3 to release earlier/sooner though.
Someone please, can you give love to Baz?

Jealousy is sweating from all his words.

It looks like he forgot that it's only a thread, for fun, for writing comments.
11/26/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Druwin
If your wrong will you stop posting?

No, why would I stop posting? I’ll stop posting in these threads of yours, but if they official announce a release date at the Spike Awards why would I keep posting in this threads anyways?

I think you must be thick, or simply unable to process the fact that the entire thread is my guess. What is so hard to understand about the part where I said this is all my opinion

I must be thick? Maybe I don’t understand because you constantly contradict yourself? Let me pull a few things you quote as fact, not opinion out of your very last response.

But the new pvp season will begin on the 20th either way. I know that one to be fact.

Ok for this portion I sadly cannot say anymore then I already have. I was reminded very quickly after posting this that I am under an NDA for some areas and that this touched very close to it.

Clearly you don't understand that these delays WERE made because of TOR this part is not speculation this is transcript fact.

I thought your entire post was opinion? You seemed to make some definitive statements about your reasoning being fact, yet you’re “unable” to confirm where you got your facts from because you’re under NDA. Do you realize how this makes your argument look?

At least after this last post of yours I finally understand as you’ve specified what facts your thread was based off. *If* those facts you listed are actually true then I would actually believe your prediction because in that context it makes a lot of sense. The thing is I’ve listened to every financial call ATVI has done last year and I’ve kept myself informed of all the information about Diablo 3 from Blizzard. Unfortunately all the official information that’s been given is opposite to the facts you’ve given. Who would you honestly believe if you were in my position? Some random person on the forum who you don’t know who is providing unverified facts that are opposite to what we’ve been told or Blizzard?

I understand you believe your facts and actually understand the conclusion you’ve made off of them. I also understand that some people will believe the unsubstantiated facts you’ve provided to support your theory and in turn believe your theory, but without actual backing evidence to verify your facts I personally can’t believe you.

I do actually hope you’re right because I’d love Diablo 3 in January. Unless anything changes that’s all I really have to say in the matter, and this is probably the last post I’ll submit in this thread in response to your original post.
Someone please, can you give love to Baz?

Jealousy is sweating from all his words.

It looks like he forgot that it's only a thread, for fun, for writing comments.

Jealous? Why would I be jealous?

And I'm sorry if writing more than a few sentences is too much for you to handle, or in your case would mean you're jealous, but this is a forum for discussing things, and I'm simply discussing things :)
Why would it matter the amount of time for the release... we *ALL* have been waiting 10 years for this and everyone I know already has it on preorder at gamestop.
11/26/2011 08:48 AMPosted by Druwin
No but the game is ready! I've played more runs then most through the beta. The game is done! Tweaks are going to be made even after the release that is why we have minor patches!

I'm not saying it won't come out in January. I'm saying you don't understand Blizzard's priorities. They may want to release it to compete with another game, but not if the game isn't ready. There's still a lot we don't know about the rest of act 1 and acts 2-4. We don't know if the AH, matchmaking system or pvp is ready. Even if the beta seems finished, it doesn't mean the whole game is up to Blizzard's standard of quality.
I'll give Baz love.. not because someone asked for it, just because he deserves it. He's another sceptic like myself, and has already proven my point 3 posts from mine.
"IMO" "fact!" "IMO" "fact!".. just pick a side already will ya?

Risk assurance = fortune telling with a better stand.
11/26/2011 03:57 PMPosted by hunts
Jan 17th will be a fun day.<br /><br />For laughing at all the people believing D3 would be out that day!

+ 1 to hunts