Instances Runs Vs. Boss Act Boss runs

General Discussion
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were pertaining to being able to run through an instance with some friends and kill multiple bosses, as apposed to having to go from one act to another and kill a single boss.
What is your preferred method, do u like to progress through bosses having to kill the first to get to the best boss drops, or do you like being able to skip over the first bosses and just chose like doing a baal or mephy run?
Well you know there is no reason to do boss runs anymore, but I like the idea of having to kill the bosses to move on to the next act even if i have already killed them... it is very impractical tho...

If you didn't know bosses don't drop the best loot anymore.
If you didn't know bosses don't just drop the best loot anymore.

Just fixed it for clarification.

Meaning it's better to clear the whole level rather then just the end boss.
Instance? Seems an odd term for Diablo.
In diablo 2, you didnt have to kill bosses either. You could run place like "The Pit" which could drop every item in the game, but at a less likely chance. Bosses have a higher chance to drop the rarest of items, but there were only so many bosses to kill.
11/29/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Icey
Instance? Seems an odd term for Diablo.
With the way diablo3 is instance is actually a pretty fitting term :/

No more rooms

Btw I like boss runs over clearing entire acts looking for a hero monster it's less grindy
Well, bosses might not be the best in Inferno.

But the overwhelming majority of rares I've gotten have been from the Skeleton King.

You'll be killing bosses to gear well until late-game, the way I see it.
Instances work well in wow, and for the most part I want to play Diablo, and not wow, There are some nice things implemented into d3 that was in wow, but I dont want to pay 60$ to play a revamped wow game, I want it to feel like Diablo and not WoW. Instances would feel to much like WoW in my opinion.
11/29/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Bemith
If you didn't know bosses don't just drop the best loot anymore.

Just fixed it for clarification.

Meaning it's better to clear the whole level rather then just the end boss

Bosses will probably still have a better chance to drop nicer items than a regular enemy, but champions and rares are set to have an even better chance.

The goal, of course, is that with Inferno as a flat difficulty (all enemies are the same level) you should be able to go anywhere you like to get items, meaning not just rushing to bosses. To encourage that further, the randomized champions and rares that appear out in the world will have the best chance to drop good items, encouraging exploration and also feeding some of that *gasp!* feeling you get when you see one, and then another *gasp!* when items drop. Bosses tend to only have that second moment, and it's generally devalued over time due to the repetition.

I think some could argue that they want to have very systematic ways to grind out item drops, and I think we would argue that the vast majority of people do not.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3430937673?page=1
Your confused... one boss per act no idea wut u talkin about
11/29/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Joker
Your confused... one boss per act no idea wut u talkin about

Skelly King is not a boss?
11/29/2011 01:07 PMPosted by HentaiNinja
Skelly King is not a boss?

i'd say a miniboss... just slightly over the unique yellow named monsters
11/29/2011 03:22 PMPosted by DoNTDiE
i'd say a miniboss... just slightly over the unique yellow named monsters

xD still a boss imo
In D2 terms we'd call those super uniques. Every named monster who appears every single game is a super unique.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/super.shtml