Monster Splat

General Discussion
I've seen various videos of the "Moon Physics" of certain skills, causing enemies to ragdoll fifty feet into the air. The problem I've seen, however, is that when said corpse lands, it lands strangely softly. Like it was, in fact, made of rags. I, personally, would be appreciative if Blizzard would add some sounds to play when a ragdoll hits a surface with a certain amount of force, a crunch or a splat to accentuate the violence.

In addition, if it's not impractical it would be interesting if monsters that travel with an abundance of force (such as falling due to moon physics) were simply pulverized on impact. Removing the model and replacing it with a bloodstain would be satisfying, while also helping with performance. The only issue I see is whether or not Blizzard has ways to detect where a physics object lands in terms of game world/decal purposes.
Everybody loves calling it Moon Physics. While that's not entirely accurate, I do think the solution is based on that name. Blizzard could just change the body-floating gravity to something a bit more like Earth and making bodies fall more quickly and realistically.
11/30/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Carlomagno
Everybody loves calling it Moon Physics. While that's not entirely accurate, I do think the solution is based on that name. Blizzard could just change the body-floating gravity to something a bit more like Earth and making bodies fall more quickly and realistically.

While that would resolve the '50 foot falls' issue, it would also diminish the 'every class is over the top' feel that they've achieved so well.
11/30/2011 05:50 PMPosted by MeatSandwich

While that would resolve the '50 foot falls' issue, it would also diminish the 'every class is over the top' feel that they've achieved so well.

Hmm. Mess with the physics then. Let the bodies fly just as high, but fall more quickly. Shouldn't be too hard.
This isn't even threadworthy. Obvious stuff like this will be taken care of later. After release has been announced they'll add a "polish" patch to the beta. I remember playing starcraft 2 beta, the "polish" patch made such a massive difference to the look and feel of the game. Little things like de-synched sounds, odd physics engine behaviors, and other stuff will all be fixed then. This is one of the reasons the game won't be out this year.
I still think it should be 9.81 m/s but I get that they want to make you feel "powerful", it just makes the game look silly at times...
Hummm forget Moon Physics.. I think they should lessen Sanctuary's gravity even more to something akin to say.. "Matrix Physics".. slow motion corpses flying through the air? Pure blizz.. i mean bliss*.