Highlighting enemies with mouseover

General Discussion
I dont have a beta key yet...(looks at Bashiok with Puss'nBoots eyes)...

but from the thousand-odd videos i've seen on Youtube, is there any way that the targeting effecct , the bold red outline, could have the option of turning that off in the controls?

It takes away from the "realism" by making it kind of cartoony.
If turning that effect off in the options screen is too much work, could you PLEASE at least not have it affect bosses. All the time drawing and creating such huge, beautiful bosses, only to look like a giant red outline for the entire fight. (I'm pretty sure I know what im gunna target in a boss fight)

Flame away haters

~V
I think that is a very valid point.
I have noticed that too, and I think the outline is way over done.
Artists have spent countless hours to craft a scary beast or a boss that looks cool then they put this
Yellow or red cartoonish glow around it to ruin all that went into creating the feel.

However just to make a constructive point here, I must say that having played with a group of 4 in the beta it does get quite crowded and hellish
To a point that your eyes will be just looking for the glow to figure out what to hit next.

The outline probably needs to stay, but toned down and not so saturated and distractive, and probably in single boss fights when the scene is not hellishly crowded
It could be turned off.
I would guess that they will eventually add an option to toggle it.

Lots of people don't even notice it, though. Like me. I can't even really picture what it looks like. The only reason I really know it is there is because I see other people complaining about it.
During play, I find the outline to be very subtle but informative.

Especially for ranged classes, I like to have that split-second confirmation that I'm aiming on target before I pull the trigger.

I can't argue against an checkbox to remove it, but I would definitely miss it if it was gone.
During play, I find the outline to be very subtle but informative.

Especially for ranged classes, I like to have that split-second confirmation that I'm aiming on target before I pull the trigger.

I can't argue against an checkbox to remove it, but I would definitely miss it if it was gone.
Pretty much this. In videos and screenshots it seems glaring, but I can honestly say that I don't consciously notice it during play. It serves its purpose of telling me when I'm targeting things and I don't even notice it's there.