no more pk'ing

General Discussion
why is that?
Probably because Blizzard concluded that there would be more players who would enjoy the game without it than those who would enjoy the game with it.
11/29/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Jman
Sorry, but you'll have to find another way to make someone's life miserable.
If you die in a video game and you get miserable about it then I suggest a counselor lol. On HC PKer's made it more suspenseful. TPPK is what ruined it for HC anyway.
Because they wanted to build the campaign game around being a strictly campaign mode. They wanted to focus on making it highly teamwork oriented, they wanted it to always be of an appropriate challenge to the number of players in the game. Towards that end, they designed it around sort of keeping everyone in the game on task and at the same part of the game. By merely having a player in the game who isn't interested in cooperating, you've already created a showstopper, never mind them actively trying to attack the people who are just trying to play Campaign. Essentially, they wanted to create a really good cooperative experience and intentional PK just had no place there. It would be a bit like asking why there's no PK in L4D. I mean, there is, but only if you're being dumb. The PvP experience is still there, it just no longer exists at the expense of the co op one.
Fair the long hostility...............you will not be missed.
Stop coming up with this WHY U NO PK MODE threads.

/sips Lipton Tea
Seriously, watch the videos from Blizzcon 2010 where they SPECIFICALLY answer this question.

Or watch the videos from Blizzcon 2011 where they answer this question AGAIN.

It's set in stone, has been for years now, if you question the reason then DO SOME RESEARCH, the explanations are out there.
11/29/2011 10:34 PMPosted by Mith
Probably because Blizzard concluded that there would be more players who would enjoy the game without it than those who would enjoy the game with it.

Ultimately, more players would enjoy the game if it were an optional feature than if it were completely removed as it has been.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me, since your statement has nothing to do with mine. I was offering my opinion in answer to the OP's question. You might be right, but since D2 didn't have optional PvP, it's probably not what he was talking about.

11/29/2011 11:58 PMPosted by Daionara
It's set in stone, has been for years now, if you question the reason then DO SOME RESEARCH, the explanations are out there.

Indeed. While I know Blizzard doesn't have time to personally screen all their testers for knowledge and experience, it would be great if there was an automated online quiz you had to pass, on various bits of public knowledge about the game, before your beta key would be activated.
Edited for spam.
11/30/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Jacka
I thought we could still kill other players in the arena? When did they remove this?

You can, and they didn't. Most of us are assuming the OP is referring to ganking people in the regular game environment.
Why did they delete Diablo from Diablo? I don't know, OP.

edit: still buying it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3agLO9mFY

It may be "satisfying" for the high leveled player, but not so much for the extremely undergeared player. This form of pvp (in its' unorganized setup) never benefitted new players nor did it benefit skilled players either! It only benefits people like the guy in that video and this OP.

I thought we could still kill other players in the arena? When did they remove this?

They didn't, and this is the thing that real pk'ers are looking forward to. People like this guy or people in this video would avoid arena like the plague.
Why isn't there any more PKing?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/
lol , IMO few people actually does legit pking ( consensual duel etc ). unless its a game made for it.
most people , thru my experience , comes into a normal game with a lvl 90 char and starts hostile-ing everyone. then the slaughterfest.
11/30/2011 02:31 AMPosted by Randomed
lol , IMO few people actually does legit pking ( consensual duel etc ). unless its a game made for it.<br />most people , thru my experience , comes into a normal game with a lvl 90 char and starts hostile-ing everyone. then the slaughterfest.

A low lv charger built specifically for pkin could get the job done as well. If you're looking to fight another player, arena is there to accommodate you. Griefing only had a negative effect on the community.
The people who made diablo 2 have not worked for blizzard for almost a decade. The new generation of gamers cry to much. They don't want the unexpected joy of teaming up and killing a griefer.<br /><br />But you know what I would not be surprised if there is a true pvp realm. But it would be lame anyways with only 4 ppl max per game.