diablo 3 = diablo 1 remake

General Discussion
anyone else think that diablo 3, the first act is kinda like a diablo 1 reamke? if you ever played diablo 1 you know that it starts in tristrim and you kill the skeleton king and the butcher.
0/10
This sentiment has been voiced here before, and I still doubt it. Yeah, we kill the Skeleton King, but I feel like too much stuff is going to be different afterwards. I don't know, it's all supposition. I feel like we're probably going to get to the fallen star beneat the SK's lair though, and then we'll likely move on to another dungeon.
-2/10
11/30/2011 01:39 PMPosted by TheChingster
anyone else think that diablo 3, the first act is kinda like a diablo 1 reamke? if you ever played diablo 1 you know that it starts in tristrim and you kill the skeleton king and the butcher.

Hmm, You obviously know nothing about the game besides the butcher and skeleton king. Read up on some fan sites or wikis. The differences should become clear almost instantly.
omg achilios!

as soon as i found out WoW was gunna have undead hunters, i saved that name

edit: on topic, i think part of act 1 was supposed to be nostalgic of d1, but it wont be some repeat
11/30/2011 01:39 PMPosted by TheChingster

good observation, Chingster. Perhaps, maybe a little :)
No. Perhaps if all those bookshelves had skill books for the other classes abilities, but there's just a bunch of healing potions there instead.
If only there was a boss in the first act like the Butcher... Diablo 3 would be much better for it. Unfortunately, based on the beta, it seems like Act 1 normal, and probably all of normal, will be a real joke in terms of difficulty. :(
Hopefully I'm wrong, but they've already talked about "Grandma" being able to play this game(at least, early on) and even after the increased difficulty beta patch, I don't think I've come close to dying even on level 1 characters.

I guess we'll see in X months.
11/30/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Kinowek
If only there was a boss in the first act like the Butcher... Diablo 3 would be much better for it. Unfortunately, based on the beta, it seems like Act 1 normal, and probably all of normal, will be a real joke in terms of difficulty. :(

luckily there are 4 difficulty modes

edit: POST BELOW ME CONTAINS SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/30/2011 05:40 PMPosted by Sorreal

Heh... you should probably pay more attention to the various fan sites, because if you had then you would know that the Butcher is returning and is, in fact, the final boss of Act 1... Now whether or not he will be as overly hard as he was in Diablo 1 remains to be seen... here's hoping that Blizzard doesn't disappoint with his new incarnation...

I understand Sorreal's point, but I'd like to add something. Not everybody wants to read the datamined info, because it does contain some serious spoilers. Yes, if this person is watching beta videos or otherwise learning what's in it, they probably are okay with that kind of information, but maybe they just want Act 1 spoilers. You rarely get them separated like that (in fact, the last one I read was entirely mixed up).
UGH, spoiler... No more reading the forums for awhile.
11/30/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Kinowek
UGH, spoiler... No more reading the forums for awhile.

yea sorreal u might wanna put

*SPOILER ALERT*
well saying its a remake might be an overstatement. They are definitely rehashing plot devices from Diablo 1 but i don't see anything wrong with this, it makes me feel nostalgic :P. It shouldn't come as a surprise either as it happens all the time in sequels.