power leveling ಠ_ಠ

General Discussion
There will always be a 'path of least resistance' but this (repetitively doing the same thing in the same area over and over) shouldn't be it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAxI4qjrH5c&feature=youtu.be
Effective, but certainly not fun for me.
I guess if people really want to? I would get bored my second run. I noticed this strategy by accident the other day and I don't think it will be that big of a problem... but you never know.
Pretty sure you could get better exp by fighting actual lvl 13 content as opposed to repeating a lower level mini-boss. This video would be the equivalent of trying to power-level off hogger. ;)
Edited for spam.
12/13/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Vermithrax
Pretty sure you could get better exp by fighting actual lvl 13 content as opposed to repeating a lower level mini-boss. This video would be the equivalent of trying to power-level off hogger. ;)

Level ~8+ in 9 minutes using this method.
Level ~8+ in 30minutes to 2 hours run through.

Royal Crypts can also be checkpoint/waypoint within 2-3 minutes.

Checkpoint/Waypoint method to the same point as run through - 11-12 minutes vs 30 minutes to 2 hours at level ~8+.

Fastest skeleton king run is 17+ minutes at level 4.
http://youtu.be/6zw_NmaBt_8
Im not sure i understand what is going on.. are they using some afk guys server to just port in kill the quest guy, not hand in, and repeat?

EDIT: ahh never mind, i see whats going on, didnt read what he wrote there. Good news is that youd have to buy 3 accounts to do this.. and since everyone will be too busy playing to get their friends to do this with them.. this shouldnt be an ISSUE at release.
Well it's not actually 30 minutes.

Its 30 minutes with your 3 char so its like 1h30 in total (30 min per human)

So you better run it alone at this point.
I don't see this as much of an issue. The level cap is only 60 and there's a bigger focus on gear, even trash gear, and gold than in D2. So even if this does work at launch, you would be missing out on a lot of drops, not to mention the fun you won't be having.

If people really want to play like this, I say let them be cowardly idiots. There won't be ladder races, so leveling fast won't really give you an advantage.
Everyone, set your opinions aside for a second. It doesn't matter if you would be unwilling to do this. Your opinion doesn't count for anything, at all.

What is important here is that this is a major flaw in the system. You can do the same thing without leaving town, on any quest. Join a game, a party kills a boss, you take the experience, and you leave.

If you are "rush leveled" like this, who cares about the level 3 item drops you miss? If you can rush level to 12, and get those level 12 drops; they might be worth more. Maybe there will be later stages of the game where this is just as easily done?
If this is how you "enjoy" the game...that's your business I guess. I don't really think anyone will care that you got to level 60 fastest because you did an event over and over until your eyes bled. I certainly won't.
Everyone, set your opinions aside for a second. It doesn't matter if you would be unwilling to do this. Your opinion doesn't count for anything, at all.

What is important here is that this is a major flaw in the system. You can do the same thing without leaving town, on any quest. Join a game, a party kills a boss, you take the experience, and you leave.

If you are "rush leveled" like this, who cares about the level 3 item drops you miss? If you can rush level to 12, and get those level 12 drops; they might be worth more. Maybe there will be later stages of the game where this is just as easily done?
As long as the majority of the D3 community doesn't use the exploits to power level while ignoring most of the content like they did in D2, then it will be fine. Why does it matter if a minority of the community choose to play in a cowardly, idiotic way? Part of the problem in D2 was so many people used the power leveling methods that it was hard not to use them if you played much multiplayer. As long as that doesn't happen with D3, I don't see the problem.
I see these methods being used in later difficulties to those specifically seeking World-First level 60 achievements.

Outside of that context - it's a novel idea to test the limits of the system, which I imagine reJoin restrictions will be applied, come full release.
It's a shame that same glitch is in the final version of the game and will be able to get you all the way to level 60.

Oh wait...