Auction House Cashout Workaround

General Discussion
The way I view it is...

Lets say you save up $500.00 Blizzard credits. Rather than cashing out each auction and getting hit with PayPal fees each time...(the way I read it is that the lower the cash out value the higher percentage PayPal takes.) Which could more or less end up costing more overall and netting you less profit.

vs.

Saving up $500.00 Blizzard credits and your friend puts up random item for $499.37 for example. This item would be the only one up for $499.37 and you buy it. He then cashes out via PayPal and gives you the money IRL or transfers it via PayPal to you. Which I believe would save you money because you are skipping out on all of the small high percent fees.

Not sure how Blizzard / PayPal would avoid this unless they would completely restructure how RMAH fee system works in conjunction with Paypal. I'm not entirely sure Blizzard even cares to be honest, because its the PayPal fees we are trying to avoid. Unless Blizzard also takes a percent cut on each Blizzard wallet cash out. Then that would be another matter.

Edit: What I mean by Blizzard taking a cut on cash out is if they take a cut when you choose cash out via PayPal on top of the other charges Blizzard charges. All of the rules and charges they are planning are kind of fuzzy ATM.
12/20/2011 03:10 PMPosted by Laws
What if I don't have any real life friends? What now mr. scientist?

^
They've statee it'll be fixed fees in the auciton house FAQ

That may change now that I've pointed this out ;-P

The fixed fees they are referring to are the fees for listing and selling items.

They have not stated how the cash out fees will work but I would say that it is fairly obvious that they will be percentage based for reasons highlighted in this thread.
12/21/2011 02:02 AMPosted by Glock
You can avoid the risky "friend method" and just use all your Blizzard Bucks to buy gold, then turn around and sell the gold on the RMAH and take the cash out option. This only requires one account and you don't involve a second person. And is completely supported/suggested by Blizzard.

Gold has a 15% selling fee in the beta - maybe that's why. :P
12/20/2011 03:10 PMPosted by Laws
What if I don't have any real life friends? What now mr. scientist?

lol
The way I view it is...

Lets say you save up $500.00 Blizzard credits. Rather than cashing out each auction and getting hit with PayPal fees each time...(the way I read it is that the lower the cash out value the higher percentage PayPal takes.) Which could more or less end up costing more overall and netting you less profit.

vs.

Saving up $500.00 Blizzard credits and your friend puts up random item for $499.37 for example. This item would be the only one up for $499.37 and you buy it. He then cashes out via PayPal and gives you the money IRL or transfers it via PayPal to you. Which I believe would save you money because you are skipping out on all of the small high percent fees.

Not sure how Blizzard / PayPal would avoid this unless they would completely restructure how RMAH fee system works in conjunction with Paypal. I'm not entirely sure Blizzard even cares to be honest, because its the PayPal fees we are trying to avoid. Unless Blizzard also takes a percent cut on each Blizzard wallet cash out. Then that would be another matter.

Edit: What I mean by Blizzard taking a cut on cash out is if they take a cut when you choose cash out via PayPal on top of the other charges Blizzard charges. All of the rules and charges they are planning are kind of fuzzy ATM.

You can avoid the risky "friend method" and just use all your Blizzard Bucks to buy gold, then turn around and sell the gold on the RMAH and take the cash out option. This only requires one account and you don't involve a second person. And is completely supported/suggested by Blizzard.

I don't understand why so many people don't understand simple logic.

If you saved up $500 BB, you can then just...cash out into paypal. It's not like the only way to transfer to paypal is through an AH transaction. You sell a bunch of items, accumulated $500BB, and then cash out ONE TIME. There is no need for a friend or a weird gold selling scheme.

It's extremely simple. Sell items. Accumulate BBs. Cashout ONCE (or as many times as you want) and pay the fee once.
12/20/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Delavager
This doesn't make sense. What are you avoiding and how are you avoiding it. The friend still has to cash out and pay the cash out fees.

You're avoiding the paypal $0.30 for every item you would've sold except one. Other than that you're still payign the listing/sell fees and blizzard and paypal are taking a % so it's rlly the $0.30 per transaction that you're saving.

You'll still pay the $0.80 AH fee (unless u use free listing then u still pay the sell fee) for every item. You'll still pay the 5% paypal fee when u cash out, and another % from blizzard, but instead of paying the $0.30 paypal transaction fee for eveyr sale you only pay it once.
I don't understand why so many people don't understand simple logic.

If you saved up $500 BB, you can then just...cash out into paypal. It's not like the only way to transfer to paypal is through an AH transaction. You sell a bunch of items, accumulated $500BB, and then cash out ONE TIME. There is no need for a friend or a weird gold selling scheme.

It's extremely simple. Sell items. Accumulate BBs. Cashout ONCE (or as many times as you want) and pay the fee once.

You don't understand this... you CANNOT cash out BB. Proceeds from the sale of items will either (a) go into your BB account or (b) go into your PayPal account. There is no way to take BB and turn them into cash; they can only be used to pay for Blizzard merchandise/subscriptions/games.
I don't understand why so many people don't understand simple logic.If you saved up $500 BB, you can then just...cash out into paypal. It's not like the only way to transfer to paypal is through an AH transaction. You sell a bunch of items, accumulated $500BB, and then cash out ONE TIME. There is no need for a friend or a weird gold selling scheme.It's extremely simple. Sell items. Accumulate BBs. Cashout ONCE (or as many times as you want) and pay the fee once.

You're wrong. Blizzard is not allowing withdrawal of b.net currency. Currently you have to choose at each sale if you want to put in your bnet acc or cash it out, and that's the problem. We want to be able to pool up a stash and then cash it out at once like you are saying.
12/21/2011 09:42 AMPosted by Thugmage
You're wrong. Blizzard is not allowing withdrawal of b.net currency. Currently you have to choose at each sale if you want to put in your bnet acc or cash it out, and that's the problem. We want to be able to pool up a stash and then cash it out at once like you are saying.

Is it each sale or is it a one time selection? I was under the impression that prior to using the RMAH for the first time, you'll select whether the proceeds go to BB or PayPal. I didn't think you could go back and forth between BB and PayPal.
12/21/2011 09:42 AMPosted by Thugmage
I don't understand why so many people don't understand simple logic.If you saved up $500 BB, you can then just...cash out into paypal. It's not like the only way to transfer to paypal is through an AH transaction. You sell a bunch of items, accumulated $500BB, and then cash out ONE TIME. There is no need for a friend or a weird gold selling scheme.It's extremely simple. Sell items. Accumulate BBs. Cashout ONCE (or as many times as you want) and pay the fee once.

I have yet to read otherwise, please point me to where this is documented. I apologize if I was mistaken about this feature.
Nevermind found it. My apologies, carry on =)