Apply fear to DCed characters

General Discussion
Wouldn't it be nice if your HC character did something except stand there and get beat on when you get DCed? Why not have DCed characters run in fear from the enemy? Doing this helps players that DCed legitimately and doesn't help players trying to exploit.

I suppose it wouldn't even matter if the DC timeout wasn't so long. A 10 second stun is a pretty big deal. Seems like a lower number would work just as well without punishing legitimate timeouts so badly.
Nah Bad idea, I rather die. It's HC not pusscore!
I'm guessing because it takes awhile for the server to be come aware that you've been disconnected. So if I'm correct, how can they make your character do anything when you are disconnected?

The 10 second log out for everyone outside of town I'm guessing is so that it ensures that the server knows you've logged out. That's why in town, it's instant.. because nothing bad will happen to you even if you're not watching your character but the server still detects the character as logged out. Out of town, you have 10s of monitoring your character as it's logged out.
5 seconds is good. No one will go oh crap I'm going to die, let's exit to be idle for 5 seconds!

10 = death
I'm guessing because it takes awhile for the server to be come aware that you've been disconnected. So if I'm correct, how can they make your character do anything when you are disconnected?

The 10 second log out for everyone outside of town I'm guessing is so that it ensures that the server knows you've logged out. That's why in town, it's instant.. because nothing bad will happen to you even if you're not watching your character but the server still detects the character as logged out. Out of town, you have 10s of monitoring your character as it's logged out.

Yeah, servers base timeouts on the response from the client, so it has to wait a bit before it can be certain that you've dropped or not. They can still make your character do stuff if you get disconnected though.

The 10 second logout is so people can't just save and exit to save their hides.
someone has no idea how sockets work! It's not that it can tell that you disconnected and then just makes you stand there for a certain amount of time. It's that if you're not constantly sending in commands, like moving or casting, the server says, "hey, you still there?" and you have a few seconds to respond. So this prevents lag from giving you a disconnect.
[quote]

The 10 second logout is so people can't just save and exit to save their hides.