Diablo 3 Beta Invite

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
How do I get in? Seriously. I have tried everything. Sending in the System Specifications for my computer multiple times, sending an email to Blizzard with my resume of Video Game betas, entering into the Diabeards, entering into multiple contests, etc. Is there something that I am missing or am I just really really unlucky?
You have to equip all of your mf gear and leech at the back of the group!
Tried that.
don't worry man you're not missing much
I just really want to be part of the process.
01/01/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Draken

It's just a demo. It's not a significant part of "the process".
I wanna get in :/
01/01/2012 05:30 PMPosted by SPAMMMMMM

People who say this make my want to /facepalm your nose REALLY HARD
Do you know what a beta is? This is the point between working on and it being done. They are collecting information of the people who are playing this game to look at and analyze to get it to the point where they can get it out and have the smallest amount of bugs possible. Call me idealistic but this is one of the most important stages of the development before release. There are countless games that would have been greatly superior if there were betas for them. Brink and Dead Island are two games that came out last year that should have been tested by people like you and me before it was out and they would have been better games for it. Even a demo would have been a great thing for these.
If I were more cynical I would say that Blizzard could easily do the entire beta test internally, but they are just using this "demo" to cater to popular demand and as an opportunity to rake in some publicity on social networking sites.
It is also prolly to gauge the public's view on the game. Do you really think they need to have a beta to get them publicity? It is the new Diablo game. You know if you are going to buy it. They just have to release things to gaming magazines and websites. Nothing more than that.
01/01/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Draken
It is also prolly to gauge the public's view on the game. Do you really think they need to have a beta to get them publicity? It is the new Diablo game. You know if you are going to buy it. They just have to release things to gaming magazines and websites. Nothing more than that.

*Need*? No, but take a look at how many more followers they have gotten on facebook and twitter due to the sweepstakes.

Like saying, Microsoft, Disney, Coca Cola doesn't *need* to advertise.

01/01/2012 05:30 PMPosted by SPAMMMMMM

I really hate hearing this.

It's not that I feel like im missing out because I dont have the beta.

In 15 years I want to look back and say "hey, yea! I was a Diablo 3 beta tester".

I want to be part of this group and have that status because it's important to me and because Diablo is the game that I care about above all. The Lore, Story, Heroes, Angels, Demons, Sanctuary... I really am passionate about it all, and I want to look back and be able to tell people that I was a D3 Beta Tester.

Dont underplay something that I want so VERY dearly.
They just need to hint at a release date and put up preorders and mark my words, we will have record numbers.
01/01/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Aegis

It's just a demo. It's not a significant part of "the process".
not demo...BETA...big difference
01/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Nastydude

In 15 years I want to look back and say "hey, yea! I was a Diablo 3 beta tester".

I want to be part of this group and have that status because it's important to me and because Diablo is the game that I care about above all. The Lore, Story, Heroes, Angels, Demons, Sanctuary... I really am passionate about it all, and I want to look back and be able to tell people that I was a D3 Beta Tester.

Amen, sir.
01/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Nastydude

+1
01/01/2012 05:26 PMPosted by Draken
sending an email to Blizzard with my resume of Video Game betas

I lol'ed.

Anyways, they're eventually going to invite a ton of people a few weeks before release for a stress test. They've already mentioned that. I do understand what you're saying, I used to say the same thing when people would say it's just an hour or just this or just that. It may be "just" those things, but you totally want to experience it. It's just SUCH a let down when you finally do. :/