The Empire Blizzard is.

General Discussion
The market of computer games is getting drowned by the console monarchy. I never though I would be saying this.

With this in mind, we got only a few players left in the war of PC games. In the list of the last major players in this crazzy industry, you can find Blizzard.

Am I the only person amazed by the total domination of this compagny ?

In What industry can you still say : The product will be release when we will feel it.

I know many of you can't wait for Diablo 3 to be released, so do I . But the thing is, we are all very lucky that Blizzard can wait that long and create the ultimate creation. I know a market where games about movies comes out before the movie itself.

Let's have a great blizzyear with D3, WoW and SC . What a Triforce !

Sign the PatientCustomerz
speaking of which..are there actually any animated films out there based on Blizzard games like Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo? ive always wanted to see some..then id finally have an anime to top Street Fighter II:the animated movie..

if not..Blizz...seriously now..make it happen..let your CG guys do it up..get your Sound guys on it..they need money for Christmas im sure...i bet a whole legion of famous voice talents would be willing to help. the ones youve already had work on them would be the best tho.
Two words:

Gabe

Steam
Two words:

Gabe

Steam

This + /thread
Two words:

Gabe

Steam

As much as I love valve for their awesome business model, their games are nowhere as awesome as Blizzard games. Blizzard is one step higher.
Fishin' 4 beta keys
Lat month there was a Special report on The economist on the Video gaming industry, it showed PC gaming is on the rise again and will continue to grow.

More people is getting in to gaming than ever from their laptops in to facebook in to farmville and the like, mobile devices are showing gaming to a whole generation that didnt catch it when it started.

It also is reaching a big demographic that consoles eluded: women.

The moment mobile devices have the processing power of a desktop computer the market for Blizzard and othe PC gaming companies will explode.

In fact, consoles are the ones that doesnt have a future.
Two words:

Gabe

Steam

As much as I love valve for their awesome business model, their games are nowhere as awesome as Blizzard games. Blizzard is one step higher.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

valve is just as good as blizzard nyuck nyuck
01/04/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Peterchje

While I love my Portal and Half Life, I've poured so many more hours into Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft that it's not even funny.

Valve is awesome.
But Blizzard is awesomer.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

While I love my Portal and Half Life, I've poured so many more hours into Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft that it's not even funny.

Valve is awesome.
But Blizzard is awesomer.

What Giraffasaur said. How long do you think you'll be playing your portal 2 and half life 3 (when it ever comes out >.>)? How long have you played starcraft and diablo 2?

Whose games do you get more value out of? Blizzard's or Valve's?
It is all a matter of opinion. Personally I hold them both in the same high esteem. In this context, I was just suggesting that Blizzard isn't the only PC gaming empire. Valve not only has a vast array of immensely profitable franchises, they also dominate the PC gaming distribution market. Also, since they are a sole proprietorship they do not pay any of their profits to parent corporations or shareholders.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that they license their own developer tools to other developers and support the modding community more than almost any other developer
Thanks for you answer guys. I forgot about Valve I guess.
Ehhh I have had my steam account about 2 years now and only purchased around 7 games through them. Then again I am no fan of fps games. I have however played almost all the major mmorpg's released within the last four years or so and found most of them to be complete let downs as well. I have no interest in any game available at this point in time so I guess its just waiting for diablo III for me. In the meantime I have the 360, the wii, and the ps3 to keep me company so I don't go stir crazy from the boredom.
01/04/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Shortdeck
Huh? I guess you never heard of EA?

I used to love C&C and the original two need for speeds but they just pushed out so much crud that I refuse to play any of their new stuff. They destroyed both those series with their lack of QC.
opinion is opinion. Compliment pour around in the pool of the same interest [Blizzard fan and associatte] surely all gonna say Blizzard is the king. Try looking at the bigger pool.

LOL, i still playing my Homeworld 1 and 2, because i really love the story. Many of my friend who mostly play console borrow it and say it was a very good story and music.
Wait, so SoE?

Nope, just Blizzard.

What about Valve?

Blizzard...

Okay, so how about Bethsedia?

Blizzard!!!!

...Sierra

BWWIIZZZARRRRDDDD!!!!!

Fan boys, will be fan boys.

EDIT: I wanted to say Mythic, but R.I.P. Oh the companies of old... Where has thou goneth?

Oh the companies of old, and yes I am aware Bethsedia isn't just a PC company, but they release some darn good titles for the PC AKA, titles that belong on the PC.

LOL Flagship?

BUHBUHBUHBUHWIIIZZZARRRDD!!!