What does polish mean?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
It doesnt matter how long it takes for them to polish the game, once the game is released to the masses, people will find all kinds of problems the first day.
Go Polish your Knob....(Door Knob)

Longer... and with proper math... and well, until it's done.

i lost my patience when new years came and there was still no release date announced.

...then stop coming to the Diablo 3 forums? Wow, that was easy...
What has blizz been doing...?

enjoying the sunshine, and bubble tea in Irvine. (edit on yah and curry house)
laughing at a ton of forum nerd rage/demands
vesting stock options,
all while working on a kick !@# game you wish you were playing right now.

Would you prefer they just pump out a game every year like Call of Duty? That way you guys won't have to wait and whine perpetually on the forums. But, you'll be the first person whining on the forum if there is anything less than perfect with the game once it inevitably ships.
I swear...people are impossible to please.
saw this before... please let us play this gaaame!
What has blizz been doing...?

enjoying the sunshine, and bubble tea in Irvine. (edit on yah and curry house)
laughing at a ton of forum nerd rage/demands
vesting stock options,
all while working on a kick !@# game you wish you were playing right now.

Would you prefer they just pump out a game every year like Call of Duty? That way you guys won't have to wait and whine perpetually on the forums. But, you'll be the first person whining on the forum if there is anything less than perfect with the game once it inevitably ships.
I swear...people are impossible to please.

There's a mighty big difference between 1 year development and 10 years development. We aren't asking for a quick one year game, but 10 is a bit overkill. Don't try to sound too stupid.
01/05/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
It's making sure everything is perfect. We're not really in a strictly polishing phase yet though, although certainly that's true for some areas of the game. Still, we're in the process of working on some rather large game system changes, some of which we'll be sharing shortly before or with the next beta patch.

in other words there redoing everything there ""in house testers"" said was good to go back in august

and i lol so hard when i seen "working on some rather large game system changes"

i really wish beta testers had more access to the game....i hate to be a negative nanny but im afraid late game will be buggyyyy and just not be balanced like it should..
i know blizzard said they got it all coverd with there in house testers..but........i meen come on...were still redoing things that were said to be rdy......lack of information leaves me to think nuthing else
Polish is typically used as a code word for Korean RMAH troubles.
Sorry I wasn't intending to imply anything by writing first quarter, just an honest mistake. Our official target is still "early 2012". Not sure if it makes too much difference one way or the other, but I don't want people to nitpick a mistake. :)
01/06/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Bashiok
Sorry I wasn't intending to imply anything by writing first quarter, just an honest mistake. Our official target is still "early 2012". Not sure if it makes too much different one way or the other, but I don't want people to nitpick a mistake. :)

lol if you write 1st Quarter, it's a pretty strong implication that the target was end of March 2012 and despite your recant it's going to stick around.

Combine that with your post in the original D3 forums about a traditional release date announcment about 2 months before launch amd you've just set an expectation for a release date announcment before the end of this month with angry fans when it doesn't happen :D
Sorry I wasn't intending to imply anything by writing first quarter, just an honest mistake. Our official target is still "early 2012". Not sure if it makes too much different one way or the other, but I don't want people to nitpick a mistake. :)

:{ *sad smiley face

well i'm still gonna hold you to it, cause i'm desperate >_<;

my optimistic guess would be late feb, or March /pray
I feel like I'm at a point where it's better to not follow the game development so closely anymore, particularly these forums, in order to avoid the negativity and to ease the frustration that is being caused by the anticipation of a game release that seems to be further off than we expected.

The timing for and duration of the hype and anticipation seems to have misfired, resulting in what we've seen within the community and it would appear that the only remedy to the situation rests within the hands of the individual - we either wait patiently, distract ourselves with other activities or continue to rant and rave about the delays.

For whatever reasons the game is being delayed, I'm still confident the game will be amazing but due to the delays I recommend we all take a step back and relax. If the situation frustrates us it's because we're allowing it to.