What does polish mean?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 13 Next
01/05/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Bashiok
So this means that once those large game system changes are set, that will be the time when the D3 team goes in the "strictly polishing" phase?

I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it that way. It's a bit game and each individual piece may be at some different level of development.

So is the rune system set and is currently being implemented entirely?
i dunno, but they make hella tasty sausages
ok so Bash when u say this it looks like if the game isnt about to be ready at all and im not crazy but im sure ive heard jay says in the video its almost done....explanation pls??
01/05/2012 07:58 PMPosted by D3BETA

Not yet. Once we have an implementation and we're at least moderately sure it's going to work out we'll share all the details.
So this means that once those large game system changes are set, that will be the time when the D3 team goes in the "strictly polishing" phase?

I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it that way. It's a big game and each individual piece may be at some different level of development.

Are far are you guys (generally) from being able to ship a game that is polished? In other words is it still an early 2012 planned release? (which quarter is planned would be most appreciated, not month, but quarter).

Because the way it sounds, it's like if there's still a lot of job left and that can scare a bit the people eh!

I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it that way. It's a big game and each individual piece may be at some different level of development.

Are far are you guys (generally) from being able to ship a game that is polished? In other words is it still an early 2012 planned release? (a quarter would be most appreciated, not month, but quarter).

Because the way it sounds, it's like if there's still a lot of job left and that can scare a bit the people eh!

I'm scared outta my bloody mind. It's gonna be a freaking summer release. I have to go through this entire semester with no Diablo :/
Are far are you guys (generally) from being able to ship a game that is polished? In other words is it still an early 2012 planned release? (which quarter is planned would be most appreciated, not month, but quarter).

We don't know. We were shooting for the end of 2011, and now we're shooting for early 2012. As soon as we're sure of something (release date or otherwise) we'll be sure to let you know.
01/05/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Bashiok

Not yet. Once we have an implementation and we're at least moderately sure it's going to work out we'll share all the details.

Interesting. You mentioned earlier that you guys will be speaking about some large game changes before or during the next beta patch. I guess this means that it will be other systems not related to the rune system since you said that hasn't even been implemented yet?
omg now uve done it bash u ruined the last bit of hope i had for playing this game b4 i start working back in march...im sad.but i still like u tough dont worry :)

We don't know. We were shooting for the end of 2011, and now we're shooting for first quarter 2012. As soon as we're sure of something (release date or otherwise) we'll be sure to let you know.

Thank you, the answer is very appreciated and I think it will please the people (for a time) to have a better estimate. Continue your hard work !
It is a bit disturbing to hear that several game systems are STILL undecided on. Alas, I guess this is the nature of iterative game design.
01/05/2012 08:10 PMPosted by D3BETA
It's making sure everything is perfect. We're not really in a strictly polishing phase yet though, although certainly that's true for some areas of the game. Still, we're in the process of working on some rather large game system changes, some of which we'll be sharing shortly before or with the next beta patch.

Then why have we been hearing 'Just polishing' for months? Why did Jay Wilson just say 'Almost done with d3'?

Does 'early' 2012 mean nothing to you people?

I know, Unless they make some huge decisions in the next week, I'm gonna be really bummed.
wow just confirmed youre still targetting Q1? :0
01/05/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Fideling
wow just confirmed youre still targetting Q1? :0

Confirms that "Early 2012" is Q1 2012 :D