Diablo 3 expansion is possible?

General Discussion
Blizzard already said or i read it somewhere that they have planned to make 2 or 3 expansions, just like they are doing with SC2. And for the people saying dlc, gtfo <.<.
I'm sure there will be an expansion. Much of what I've seen in the trailers and interviews, as well as the Book of Cain, shows us a setting that they've fully revised as a foundation for future content to build upon.
Who knows the final boss in Diablo 3 might not even be diablo.

Which really isn't all that suprising when we look back at Diablo 2 :P
I know on the Wiki it was said that there MIGHT be a expansion with another class (Im guessing somthing like Necro or Palidan or something like the classics)

Im hoping for Druid...
I am sure there will be multiple expansions for Diablo 3, but one must keep in mind the business model for D3 is much different than that of a subscription service like WoW that funds future expansions and patches. I'd imagine if D3 does really well with the RMAH we will see plenty of patches and expansions but it'll probably be directly related to the success of the game at the time.

On another note, I'm sure they already have ideas or actual tangible parts for future expansions. It would make sense that while developing vanilla D3 they took into consideration the possible new content with expansions. For example, the charm necklace that allowed you to socket charms into was, as I understand it, scrapped but not permanently which means that it's very possible it will be content in new expansions. I'd imagine, however, that the development for the expansions is limited to the content they decided to push until an expansion, without actually working on the expansion itself. Imagine if they released vanilla D2 with EVERYTHING from D2LoD. What then would we expect to be in D2LoD?
I'm pretty sure Blizzard has done an expansion for all their pc games, except Diablo 1. Which seirra ended up making an expansion for them anyways.
Considering d2 had a lvl cap of 100, and they started d3 with a lvl cap of 60. It makes you wonder...

/whisper Wow did the same thing.. but keep it hush hush the Diablo fanboys hate to hear the parallels between WoW and Diablo universe.
1 for sure, maybe 2 but I doubt it

D2 and WC3 both 1 expansion

SC will get 2 because of the 3 races

WOW is just never ending

Would be nice to have some DLC's but I doubt that as well

Stuff that other companies sell as DLC for their games is released for free by Blizzard in patches. True story.
1 for sure, maybe 2 but I doubt it

D2 and WC3 both 1 expansion

SC will get 2 because of the 3 races

WOW is just never ending

Would be nice to have some DLC's but I doubt that as well

Stuff that other companies sell as DLC for their games is released for free by Blizzard in patches. True story.

Thats why Blizzard never fails us! <3. But prez release D3 soon XD
expansions are planned but right now we gotta worry about the game releasing first.
[quote] Who knows the final boss in Diablo 3 might not even be diablo.

This is what I've been afraid of. Back on subject: there were, as far I know, two expansions planned for Diablo III. I don't see why they wouldn't follow their SC2 business model with Diablo III as well which is why I'm afraid of ^that^ quote.

Diablo won't be the end boss in the end, unless he's not the end boss in diablo 3 but finds his ways in the later expansions. Anyways, it doesn't make sense to have diablo as the end boss, if he revives, so does his brothers, and he's the weakest of all 3 brothers, unless they find a way give a reason why both baal and mephisto are weakened, like meph was in diablo2.

Personally, I'm all in for having other bosses being harder and bigger then diablo. It's not because the game is named and themed after him that there can't be harder things to do in the game...