The Book of Cain: Predictions of Diablo 3

Lore and Story
From all i saw till now, it seems that Azmodan is actually talking toBelial, since he talks about "their" breathren and all, and cuz the other ones are suposedly dead.

Leah must have seen this conversation by the powers of a dream, magnified perhaps by the black soulstone, which is lying at her desk. This can give us an impression that Azmodan is talking to Leah, since we see the conversation by Leah's perspective....

The 2 of them, Azmodan and Belial are the ones who have been fighting for the control of the burning hells since the Dark Exile, so its preety much plausible assume that azmodan is somwhat threatening belial, saying that he is gonna be the "primal evil".

Excellent compilation of theories and observations from the Book of Cain in this thread, especially the first few posts - we’re looking forward to how you all react when you see how the single player campaign plays out.

Deckard Cain is not Belial in disguise, by the by. He’s Andariel (complete with tassles).
02/09/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Nyorloth
Deckard Cain is not Belial in disguise, by the by. He’s Andariel (complete with tassles).

The imagery... heaven help...
Excellent compilation of theories and observations from the Book of Cain in this thread, especially the first few posts - we’re looking forward to how you all react when you see how the single player campaign plays out.

Now thats a mental picture...
A gold dubloon to the first man who makes the first fanart of Deckard Cain with tassles

"hello my friend! stay a while and tip me?"
Epic theories guys! :D
02/09/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Nyorloth
That's a appalling mental picture you planet there in the noggin. *shudders*

02/09/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Default
What do you guys think? If the Fallen Star, Tyrael, and the Stranger are one in the same, why is he in a human form? Is he hiding from someone? Was he somehow stripped of his powers? Amnesia? lol. Waiting for an opportune moment to reveal himself? Is so, why? And when?
Well Inarius did take upon a 'perfect human' form in the Sin War trilogy, under the identity of the Prophet. The Moon of the Spider ending also had seemingly revealed a angel "who resembled a mercenary with many faces but was so much more," shredding his disguise and then slipped into the skies unnoticed.

Amnesia? Oh dear, no please. "Third time's a charm" amnesia-case will not be greeted so well I think. But this Stranger did revealed matters to Cain that he was able to record into his tome, so he should have his bearings, but I'm still musing over what those details were even about.
"He’s Andariel (complete with tassles)."

So Cain is Lilith?! (Andariel's mother) OMG...
Well this is a new theory to me cuz i never expecetd such a thing. However, considering that she already did something like that (disguising onto sanctuary) on the sin war trilogy, on the ages of Uldyssian, i can easily support this theory.

Even because Lilith was the one helping Uldyssian grow his powers, in order to make them the "perfect sons". She used lies, as well as Belial too.

I must check more lore to see if this theory can fit on the case.

Just found this on wiki:

"LilithThough not listed in Diablo as one of the seven Great Evils, the character of Lilith certainly seems to be attributed with no less power than any of the Lesser Evils. She is said to be the daughter of Mephisto, mother to Andariel and "Queen of the Succubi." The character is indeed given enough strength to resurrect Diablo and in turn the other two Prime Evils, as well as command a host of demonic forces during Diablo II's 'Pandemonium Event.'[7] In the novels, the story is told of Lilith helping to create the realm of Sanctuary and pairing with Inarius to spawn some of the Nephalem. Shortly thereafter she is banished from Sanctuary and her ability to later return during the Pandemonium Event is left unexplained.

Well, this part of Lilith returning from the banishment is unexplained but if i can remember well, in one of the books there is some kind of evidence or clue to this. As well as the final fate of her...if someone can clarify this to us...plz

But this is something to consider:

Lilith is Daughter of Mephisto, and Mother of Andariel. She is also the "mother" of the sanctuary itself, along with Inarius, which is no more between the other angels nor anybody.
But Lilith have returned once from her banishment, what would impede her from doing so again? Now that the end of days approach, she would likely ressurge as the mother of sanctuary to protect her "breathren", the Nephalem, and her world (the sanctuary), as any other mom.

So, what do u guys think?
uh, the angels get corrupted somehow of course I believe.
valor turns to wrath, imperious gets mad
wisdom shall be lost, the angel of wisdoms disappearance
justice shall fall upon the world of men, tyrael being cast out of heaven, and more galore!
Diablos trying to be tathamut to f*** the world up!
Thanks for all of the feedback and contributions! Nyorloth thank you for the spotlight; I am honored.
Does this mean that Andariel has a twin sister who we killed in her place in the Catacombs level 4? It would explain how she could be in two places at once! To think those tassles were right next to us all along...

/shudder
This thread is full of win. Especially the part about the meteor being cast of heaven being Tyrael. Is it Nyorloth's job to actually protect the actual story from getting out? Like to delete and ban anybody who figures it out?

Oh and I am sure it is posted around here somewhere, but where is Nyorloth's Icon from?
Very interesting read! <3 for taking the time to type it all out
"He’s Andariel (complete with tassles)."

So Cain is Lilith?! (Andariel's mother) OMG...
Well this is a new theory to me cuz i never expecetd such a thing. However, considering that she already did something like that (disguising onto sanctuary) on the sin war trilogy, on the ages of Uldyssian, i can easily support this theory.

Even because Lilith was the one helping Uldyssian grow his powers, in order to make them the "perfect sons". She used lies, as well as Belial too.

I must check more lore to see if this theory can fit on the case.

Just found this on wiki:

"LilithThough not listed in Diablo as one of the seven Great Evils, the character of Lilith certainly seems to be attributed with no less power than any of the Lesser Evils. She is said to be the daughter of Mephisto, mother to Andariel and "Queen of the Succubi." The character is indeed given enough strength to resurrect Diablo and in turn the other two Prime Evils, as well as command a host of demonic forces during Diablo II's 'Pandemonium Event.'[7] In the novels, the story is told of Lilith helping to create the realm of Sanctuary and pairing with Inarius to spawn some of the Nephalem. Shortly thereafter she is banished from Sanctuary and her ability to later return during the Pandemonium Event is left unexplained.

Well, this part of Lilith returning from the banishment is unexplained but if i can remember well, in one of the books there is some kind of evidence or clue to this. As well as the final fate of her...if someone can clarify this to us...plz

But this is something to consider:

Lilith is Daughter of Mephisto, and Mother of Andariel. She is also the "mother" of the sanctuary itself, along with Inarius, which is no more between the other angels nor anybody.
But Lilith have returned once from her banishment, what would impede her from doing so again? Now that the end of days approach, she would likely ressurge as the mother of sanctuary to protect her "breathren", the Nephalem, and her world (the sanctuary), as any other mom.

So, what do u guys think?

Lilith is not Andariel's mother. Andariel was spawned along with the other 6 Great Evils as a result of the destruction of the Dragon Tathamet. His 7 heads became the 7 Great Evils. If anything, Andariel is Lilith's mother. Although I don't think we know who Lilith's mother is.
Very interesting post

01/25/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Darkshape
There is a theory out there that since Leah is sort-of the spawn of Diablo that she is a prime target for possession by him. I would say this is not the case, because Diablo wants the host with the greatest amount of power. A frightened 20 year old girl is not high on the priority list. What is high on the list is the power Diablo's brothers or one of the Angiris Council wield. We have no idea if this is possible and with the Worldstone destroyed we are also unsure if this is necessary. I cannot speculate further on that topic. Whatever the case, Leah would be more desirable a candidate if she were to exhibit Nephalem powers, so if that does happen the theory is still on.

I am not supporting the idea of Leah = Diablo, but this seems a bit off to me. In D1 Diablo tries to possess King Leoric, but is not powerful enough to do so. In this event he causes Leoric to go insane, and possess his son Albrecht instead. So Diablo's powers of possession seem limited so someone that is considered younger/weaker may be more suitable for him. Though as you said it may be unnecessary. Since the world stone is now destroyed the prime evils do not need anything to aid themselves into coming into the mortal world.

I agree with the points that Cain is not Belial, and I do not think that Adria is Lilith. So far we have Cain = Belial, Adrian = Lilith, and Leah = Diablo. Can we trust anyone anymore?

Diablo II's 'Pandemonium Event.' is not considered lore, or actually happened. It is just an extra added in on the game

Taken from diablo wikia
Note: considering that the Pandemonium Event is a Battle.net only quest and is not available in the Single player or even open Battle.net games, it is generally not considered to be a part of official lore.

02/12/2012 03:01 AMPosted by Dunkelheit
Lilith is not Andariel's mother. Andariel was spawned along with the other 6 Great Evils as a result of the destruction of the Dragon Thathamet. His 7 heads became the 7 Great Evils. If anything, Andariel is Lilith's mother. Although I don't think we know who Lilith's mother is.

QFT -- If I had to say Andariel is Lilith's mother. I've seen both referenced as the Queen of Succubi. No real supporting evidence points to this though.

Also I side note for the people who are still on the Leah = Diablo kick. Many people state the "female Diablo" further support this claim. I've also read that the female Diablo is Lilith. I wish I remembered what post it was so I can give credit, but I don't feel like going back at this time.

Just wanted to throw that out there

Yeah, Andariel is Daughter of Lilith, wich is Daughter of Mefisto. Its on the lore:
http://www.diablowiki.net/Lilith
And also, othersources can confirm that Lilith is far more powerful than Andariel.
I think the female diablo image is Lilith too, not andariel.
Well, lets see what the game will bring for us