Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
I got excited when "we are trying to close in on a solid release date" was said. I don't care when it is but it is nice to know that they would like to have one that they can nail down. There was an unprecedented lack of confusion in what was said by the blue. Thank you Nethaera. :)
Dislike.

Liked having that crackhead critter pick up all my gold.

Don't like that you guys are caving to pressure on releasing the game either. Trimming the fat is one thing, but Haste makes waste.
01/26/2012 09:44 AMPosted by AgentPaper
OMFG they actually gave me a beta key!!! TYTYTY

*Fist Bunp*

On topic, the models for the pets should totally be used for "wildlife" mobs that just show up and wander around in each map. Non-aggressive, dies in one hit, no loot. If you hit one directly it dies in an explosion of gore, otherwise just a normal death animation. (Make sure the piggies squeal, though!) For small insects, if you walk on them they go splat.

The models are already there, so I would assume that this wouldn't take very long and is funny enough that hopefully someone will take the time to do it on their time off, for the lulz.

This!!!!!!! Critters to slaayyyy
the game release" sooner then you think"
Weigh the options...

Faster game release by excluding underdeveloped content and "possibly" including it later OR
Slower games release for developing content that I personally think is just for aesthetics or just useless.

-Faster Release wins by a landslide for me.
About time.
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

+1
01/26/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Whizzio
As a dedicated pet collector (165 in WoW so far), I really was disapointed to see the scrolls of companions were gone. :( I really liked the cute little gold collectors! :)

This is exactly why they should not be in Diablo. I am glad they are removed!!!

While I can understand their convenience... people have to really stop whining, and appreciate the major convenience they've already gotten concerning gold -automated pickup.

Really nice to see positivity in the forum.
Still checking 1-2 times daily for beta entry. -_-
So my response to Wilson's "System Changes" thread was pretty much bang on then.. sometimes good is too good.

I'm waiting for the next headline:
"Sometimes Good is too Good."
We regret to inform you that some systems as of Patch 9 were too good. Lacking time before release to appropriately address them, we've made the hard decision to remove them. As a result, such things as companions, training pages, patterns, the mystic, items of convenience (NC, CoJ), artisans, sensible attributes, convenient and meaningful tool-tips, ...

Heck, you know what? For release, we'll leave you the mobs, some gear drops, and a story with a cool soundtrack. That should keep D3 good but not too good.

---

Absolutely disappointed with Patch 10 and the general direction being taken at this point. The couple positives (identification, stats UI placement) are too minor to outweigh the much more significant steps back.

:(

I think the folks who haven't gotten into the beta are probably the lucky ones. They'll never know how much better D3 was prior to release so they can enjoy it a bit more between posting suggestions to bring in systems eerily similar to those removed.
Have the number of expansions tabs for the stash been reduced as well?
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away.

So... When's the date?
Does it matter? Be content that we have some knowledge that there is an internal date......which is more than anyone else has said.

Edit: The fact that they have an internal date is alarming given how they don't limit their developing time. Something says to me that when things like "we don't have time to implement this before release" are said it means the date was most likely imposed upon them by investors and project backers.
Does it matter? Be content that we have some knowledge that there is an internal date......which is more than anyone else has said.

Edit: The fact that they have an internal date is alarming given how they don't limit their developing time. Something says to me that when things like "we don't have time to implement this before release" are said it means the date was most likely imposed upon them by investors and project backers.

You read too much into that statement.. for all we know they could be "closing in on (coming up with) a solid release date." As with most Blizzard statements, the interpretation is left open.

Either way is irrelevant.. they're systematically removing everything that made D3 good, interesting, and comfortable to play in preparation for eventual release.
Lol I don't think I did. I didn't say the release was next month. Hell it could be 2 years out but who cares as long as they have something internal to go by. It isn't like (I apologize for the blasphemy on D3 forums prior to finishing this) Duke Nukem, where they just had and almost endless development period with no date till they thought they couldn't do more to the game. This shows that no internal date = effing bad game.
Blizzard, Thank you for taking out the stupid companion scrolls, I seriously hated them, seriously. <3
Like button. I'm craving this game like a fat kid craves cake.....
Man, I'm sure going to miss that little pig.....he made me giggle.
Good decision! I hope to see these in the future but it's nice to see sacrifices are being made to bring me my fix :D
The rabbit was my favorite, second, the pig. I think it's a mistake to remove them! They added contrast and a bit of irony to the beta.