Arena PvP Monk Build, Suggestions/Tips?

Monk
I'm a competitive PvP'r and one of the main things I'll be doing is arena with friends in D3. All of my PvP experienced/enriched friends have picked their classes but Monk is one of the few not chosen. As I don't want to play a Barbarian I have chosen Monk.

My Build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#daeWkR!dYe!YbcZZZ

I've had some difficulty balancing this build out but allowing it to have some good potential.

Explanation of Choices:

Dashing Strike: I chose this ability to have great mobility seeing as I'm melee. I chose the rune for additional movement speed increases and to prevent being kited which will be inevitable with Wizards and WD's.

Fist of Thunder: I chose this because I've been playing Monk for awhile and building up spirit can be a pain. In a PvP situation I'm likely to be kited frequently and CC'd. I need to build up spirit as fast as possible for all of my other abilities (excluding Mantra which is a small price). I got the rune I chose because I want to be able to generate spirit as fast as possible. Granted I'm going to have to stack some crit. It was a tough decision to make and I'm still very unsure of it because I didn't choose any of the other crit related runes for my other spells which means crit won't be a high priority. I don't see any other valuable runes for Fists of Thunder though that could be incredibly useful since it is for spirit generation purposes.

Crippling Wave: I got this ability to reduce my target's offensive capabilities and to enhance my ability to stay on them. The rune I selected was just too good to pass up for the damage rune that was also offered.

Cyclone Strike: I chose this for three reasons. It does decent damage for a spirit spender, has a great utility which can be used to help peel with its AoE pull, and the AoE pull can also be used to keep my target towards myself as much as possible. The rune choice benefits both of the utilities I have chosen. The 2 second fear allows much more offensive or defensive CC as well as increase damage of the ability itself.

Wave of Light: I feel like this ability will provide me with burst potential seeing as it does 450% weapon damage and an additional 450% weapon damage on top of that. I was contemplating a couple runes to go along with this ability but since it's main purpose is to be burst why not enhance that burst. The other 2 runes I was thinking about was crit since I have crit on my Fists of Thunder for regeneration purposes, and the spirit reduction cost. First off, the rune I chose increases it by 135% initial damage. If I re-prioritize crit to align with Fists of Thunder then my build would already become very crit oriented and I'm unsure about how I would like that play style and its effectiveness. The spirit reduction cost rune is a choice that I'm seriously contemplating. 25 reduced spirit could be incredible if timing my Wave of Light with Cyclone Strike in terms of greatest potential damage done at once.
Mantra of Conviction: The choice is obvious. I wanted to enhance overall damage by a large amount in a sustained manner which would also benefit my team.

Passives:

Exalted Soul: I chose this due to the fact that Wave of Light and Cyclone together are expensive and without this I would be able to save up to combo both if I wanted to maximize burst. It would also provide me with a cushion to fall back upon. If I only had 150 spirit then I would only be able to use 1-2 spirit spenders. If I have 250 spirit, then I can use 2-3 if need be. I also want the ability to not starve myself frequently.

e.g. - If someone needs aid then dash to their target, and cyclone them for additional peels. If I have potential to stockpile 250 spirit, I could do all of this and either Wave of Light for additional pressure to force them defensive, or I could even further continue to cyclone the target to prevent further damage. With my Crippling rune I would also further reduce their damage significantly.

Transcendence: Since I'm in melee range frequently, I'll probably need some additional survivability and healing. If I Wave of Light someone then I heal myself for almost 12,000. That's an unbuffed Breath of Heaven on myself.

Pacifism: This is an obvious choice in PvP in my opinion.

I have played all of the classes excluding Barbarian at Blizzcon while doing Arena PvP Deathmatch. I spent at least 7+ hours doing arena which is quite a bit considering the time in line was often 20+ minutes unless a tournament was going on. We also only got 30 minutes to play each time so I had to wait in line for at least 2 hours.

It was pretty obvious what the play styles of each class are going to be in arena since they bring interesting elements.

WD and Wizards are capable of quite a bit of CC and burst when they want to be but pay the price of being squishy.

Barbarians were the most ridiculous in arena as they had quite a bit of survivability and could burst people down with CD's.

DH did great damage if you weren't able to line of sight them, but most of the DH's I fought were honestly not good. That class needs to be played in a very deceitful way if you know what I mean. Positioning is possibly more important than WD and Wizard seeing as you can't be LoS'd for damage reasons.

The one good Monk I fought had amazing mobility and damage. He could not be kited or peeled at all. I was in awe to the potential of this class in a PvP setting.
I think you went just a tad bit overboard with the mobility and sticking on people/slowing them, I think everyone would be guilty of it to.

Like you said, WD and Wizards are capable of a lot of CC, that works both ways, so let the WD/Wizard worry about slowing people and take something like dashing strike to close the distance. Considering it doesn't have a cooldown and roots the target for a a short period of time, hopefully enough to get the first two hits of Fist of Thunder and the last hit of Crippling Wave I think that would be more than enough.

With that being said, I would replace Cyclone Strike with something that adds to you're groups ability to survive, like Breath of Heaven with any Rune, Serenity with most any Rune, I would prefer Golden to let your group really put the hurt on or to save a squishy getting targeted. Maybe even Inner Sanctuary to deny the other team health globes when they are about to pop, or deny a Barbarian or Monk from getting in close.

Just things to think about :D
What would you recommend for the Dash rune then? Perhaps Alabaster for 50% chance to stun them for 2.28 seconds? That is the only other rune I see valuable besides Golden but I'd hate to waste that rune to make a cheap spell cheaper. Although, Dash will be used frequently.

My original build actually took out Crippling Wave for Breath of Heaven but I decided that the final hit of Crippling Wave was worth it. If I were to remove Cyclone Strike for Breath of Heaven, what do you think about using Indigo rune? That is a big increase and I find the other runes make you a bit too dependent on spending energy on Breath of Heaven.

Concerning Serenity, the main reason I didn't chose the ability is because it has a 45 second CD. While the runes available for Serenity are nice it only enhances my survivability and not my allies. I already have quite a bit with the passive that heals me when I spend spirit.

If I drop Cyclone Strike and pick up Breath of Heaven then my build would look like this resulting in a change of the passive:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#daekXR!dfe!YbZZaZ
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#iSdYQg!YeV!ZbabcY

This will allow you to outlast your oppents as well as keep you alive.

PVP isn't always about dmg dmg dmg.

It can be able survival and avoiding hits.

I like this load out because it stacks your HP through the roof with additional dmg midigation.

It also will support your allies.

What would you recommend for the Dash rune then? Perhaps Alabaster for 50% chance to stun them for 2.28 seconds?

That would definitely be my first choice, but take into consideration if you are PvP'ing with other people and they already have lots of stun moves, or maybe you get focused down a lot and quickly, I would go with obsidian run for survivability.

If I were to remove Cyclone Strike for Breath of Heaven, what do you think about using Indigo rune? That is a big increase and I find the other runes make you a bit too dependent on spending energy on Breath of Heaven.

I agree :P Umm, but it all depends on how PvP actually feels. Example being if the Alabaster rune actually makes them run in fear, that could be extremely useful and make it a more situational skill so you wouldn't be spamming it, and the Golden rune if you are having problems with spirit.

Concerning Serenity, the main reason I didn't chose the ability is because it has a 45 second CD. While the runes available for Serenity are nice it only enhances my survivability and not my allies. I already have quite a bit with the passive that heals me when I spend spirit.

45 seconds isn't that long considering fights last 10 minutes... or 15? I can't quite remember :P Saving your life or an allies every 45 seconds isn't something to scoff at, and with Golden Rune it extends the effects to your allies, so you would give all your allies within 45 yards the shield for 3 seconds. As long as you are vigilant with watching your team mates health and situations you will be a life saver, no doubt