The lack of general chat just sucks (cont.x2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
I was busy, I had to stop following this since a few pages.. I didn't read it all but here is my answer to everybody saying we are just whinners that will make the game delayed again.

STOP. Adding a feature that SHOULD be there and that was ALREADY there won't delay the game for an other 5 months.

Look.

http://www.gamingsurvival.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/diablo-3-battle-net.jpg

I see 3 kinds of people here, the ones who want the chat back because it's a crucial feature, the ones who think it will be a copy/paste of D2's spammers and the ones who don't care but say they don't want it because it would delay the game. Stop it. I think there's enough said in 66 pages to convince that bots and delay are not a problem.

We need to find a pic of when someone actually clicked on chat lobby... or maybe it was just a temp button :(
Why has Blizzard not commented more on this? After reading the reactions of everyone here its obvious that these concerns have merit.

Why do you think they have said nothing?

Because they are not going to budge on this at all.

That is simply how they deal with things that they are not going to change their minds on.

They ignore it until it goes away.

Except for a few release day rationalizations, they never addressed the ongoing complaints about RT vs AT matchmaking. These complaints were loud and vigorous, for over a year.

They said nothing. They changed nothing.

People have routinely complained about lack of LAN in both SC2 and D3.

They said nothing. They changed nothing. They will not be changing it.

People have routinely complained about the horrible Battle.net 2.0.

They've said nothing. They've changed nothing.

Starting to see a pattern here? Big Daddy Blizzard knows best for us all. It doesn't matter how much we don't like something, if they have decided.. from on high.. that it's not what they want to do.. they will never budge on it one millimeter.

Arrogant to the point of hubris. Nearly completely unresponsive to customer concerns. I say "nearly" because they do occasionally address low hanging fruit complaints, so they can sit back and act like they are still a company that cares about customer concerns, and they can rest on those laurels.

But they are actually arrogant and insistent on doing their own thing, even at the expense of customer relations.. in order to protect themselves from piracy, and protect themselves from the liability of public chat..

In other words, cowards. Rich cowards who could easily tackle these issues. But they won't.

Thanks but I was not looking for a direct answer, it was a rhetorical question. I think the one major difference between SC2 and BNET2 blunders and the ignored complaints compared to D3 is that Diablo is designed with an ongoing revenue stream. SC2 has no financial tail meaning that they have less incentive to allocate resources to improve it. IF D3s community continues to complain about the lack of public communication and socialization, they have more of an incentive to listen and change. The reason is a decrease in players means less people generating recurring revenues via the RMAH. When people stop playing SC2, it doesn't have the financial impact it likely will with Diablo.

I think the public chat and game name features should be added. There are varying opinions on what works best for an online community but at least implementing the public chat and game name features in parallel will help satisfy a broader audience. And honestly, why not try both to see what the community uses more often.

Only time will tell if D3s dynamic will help to change BNET 2.
02/08/2012 04:25 PMPosted by DrakeFS
Technically the masses more than likely don't care about chat lobbies, as the forum represents a minority of the player base.

stat?

But SC2 got chat channels, not in the way anyone really wanted, but they got em...

I am slightly confused by this? SC2 has general chat lobbies (well lobby now). They function in the same way that the chat lobbies of yore did. You join the channel after entering into the pregame structure. D2 hasn't dumped you into chat for a long time now. So what are the masses looking for?

Technically the masses more than likely don't care about chat lobbies, as the forum represents a minority of the player base.

As I have said, I am not against chat lobbies, I just don't think they are as important as you would have us believe. Someone made a analogy earlier about public transport and car drivers. That doesn't really line up, as PT is a required fact of life for some. To play this game, public chat is not required by anyone. It is wanted but not needed.

You know, my brother doesn't frequent these forums. When I told him about the chat fiasco he was really concerned about this series. We both have been looking forward to this game for a while. You have to remember that these forums do represent a good amount of player base and not everyone has the time we do to look at them.

I sort of remember something like this but wasn't it some cruel joke or something that was much like the death animations wherein it was just for show? Nostalgia sake.

Link it please.

I would like a confirmation link on whether or not there was already an in-game public chat that was later removed. Somebody find this.

Looking at the info again that I was referring to, I probably read it incorrectly.
chat was part of game for a lot of player, i include myself what i loved was to help people, with question, or if noob neeeded some starting gear or part of game they had dificult, or just to talk with other people, the trvia bot was good there where lot of funny moment. for a lot of people the chat IS a part of the game it what made d2 what it was, IF u wherent using chat fine for u, it wont change a !@#$ but for a lot of people it will.

try do that kind of stuff in a 4 game people.
C'mon Blizz. You can do it. We want public chat. If you're not going to give it to us at least break the pros and cons down a bit more than what Bashiok has given us. Feel free to expand since you aren't limited to 140 characters.
Soooooo... hey everyone. How's it going? Good? Weather ok? Great... so, right... You know how sometimes you say something that's stupid and wrong and then people very reasonably get upset and create a lot of threads and discussions and demands with some pretty reasonable reasons for the thing you said wouldn't happen but then it turns out that you're stupid and wrong and the things you said are completely the opposite of what's actually true?

Yeah. So that happened. Public chat channels will be in Diablo III, barring any catastrophe that requires we remove them, because they're already implemented. In fact they'll be in an upcoming beta patch so you'll get to see and play around with them yourselves.

I'm not sure I can offer any explanation as to the incorrectness of my statements, except that I believed them to be correct when I made them. I apologize, and I'll strive to not be stupid and wrong in the future.

More info on the chat feature, and others, to come in the weeks ahead. Thanks for sticking with it, and me.
Soooooo... hey everyone. How's it going? Good? Weather ok? Great... so, right... You know how sometimes you say something that's stupid and wrong and then people very reasonably get upset and create a lot of threads and discussions and demands with some pretty reasonable reasons for the thing you said wouldn't happen but then it turns out that you're stupid and wrong and the things you said are completely the opposite of what's actually true?

Yeah. So that happened. Public chat channels will be in Diablo III, barring any catastrophe that requires we remove them, because they're already implemented. In fact they'll be in an upcoming beta patch so you'll get to see and play around with them yourselves.

I'm not sure I can offer any explanation as to the incorrectness of my statements, except that I believed them to be correct when I made them. I apologize, and I'll strive to not be stupid and wrong in the future.

More info on the chat feature, and others, to come in the weeks ahead. Thanks for sticking with it, and me.

lol

Can't wait to see it in beta, thanks for the clarification and despite all efforts to prove otherwise we know your still human!

No problem, just don't forget to have us standing in a line wearing our gear! Thanks mang

its alright bash, i still love you
Well, this is a relief.

Chat channels are in, great to hear... err, read

P.S. > Got a great laugh from the format of the post