Extra Chat Tabs?

General Discussion
So, I find it horribly annoying that we only have one tiny chat window that can't be resized or edited in any way, and on top of it I can't make a separate tab for Whispers?

How am I supposed to keep track of regular chat with such a small useless window, nevermind my Whispers? And then what about Real ID conversations?

I seriously hope this is something that will be addressed in the actual release.
So um, yeah...
I've only ever used one chat window in WoW, and I usually have shrunk down to as small as it can go. I never have any problems. It's less a space issue and more a player concentration/organization issue.
02/06/2012 07:18 PMPosted by MrShotgun
I've only ever used one chat window in WoW, and I usually have shrunk down to as small as it can go. I never have any problems. It's less a space issue and more a player concentration/organization issue.
That's highly unfortunate.
On my main I currently have 5 tabs attached to my general window and a separate window for guild chat.
Main is for all, second is for Whisper, third is party/raid, fourth is exp/rep and extra channels, fifth is loot, sixth is real ID chat.

If I didn't have them separated I wouldn't be able to keep track of anything, it would be horrible.

I also have the smallest font available, in D3 it's WAY too huge of a font for the tiny window size.
It needs at least the ability to resize the window and allow mouse scroll. AT LEAST.
But yeah...

Chat options are super important in an online-only game.
Well it's good to know there's concern among the community about this... -_-
I completely agree with you. This 100%

It seems like something so simple and yet this is actually my biggest issue with the game.

Whispers get lost in NPC blabber so easily.
Advanced Chat tabs for diablo 3 PLEASE
Seconded (or eigthed--I lost count).
This would be an easy fix for a really irritating UI problem. Customizable chat would allow me to have a friend conversation, the innane general chat, and the story stuff (not to mention the potential for displaying battle info in the classic mmo way, in a chat box), etc. all in separate tabs.
Didn't WoW have this? Geez. Easy UI stuff. Tsk.
hate to bring back an old thread, but i think having tabs would be amazing. At least a tab for just whispers seeing it is so easy to miss a whisper.