Is Diablo 1 abandonware?

General Discussion
Is there still any way to get a hold of it? I know that maybe 5 years ago it was still packaged with there Diablo 1 & 2 box set but I haven't seen it on the shelves in years.
not that I know of, just ebay.
Ebay/Amazon might have it. It's not abandonware yet, Blizz still has Bnet servers up for it so it is technically supported to some degree, even if it's not on store shelves anymore.
yeah, when it releases, they will automatically sell it on GoG.
lol
Bnet still up and running, with all those duppers.
i have a brand new diablo 1 disc still in the wrap. dont think its compatibale to modern comps though
Diablo 1 does not work on vista or 7 :( I have tried it.

I wanted to experiance the Diablo 1 version of tristram and cathedral again.
02/08/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Henrot
i have a brand new diablo 1 disc still in the wrap. dont think its compatibale to modern comps though

still works, colors are messed up on a lot of them but can be fixed. Beat it with a warrior last week.

I have it on 7. still play my pc ff7 some times also, that required drivers to run. tm20decsetup
U can play it on W7 ... youtube it. Theres compatability tools.

And honestly, i'll prob get flamed for this (and i dont recommend this for new software, i only mention it because its very old and hard to find)

You could download the torrent. I dont think it has any cd key? (right)
I play D1 on both laptop and desktop with win7. Runs like a champ.
They used to give out copies of D1 in the Diablo Battle Chest. I dunno if they still do.
02/08/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Henrot

This.

The reason you do not see in on the shelves is because of compatability.
What might be a good idea is to add it to the thumb-drive they're including with the CE along with D2. I know not everyone is getting it, but it won't take up that much more space on it. And would be a nice treat for those who are getting it. Especially for those who never played the first one, or even the first two. I'm sure they'll want to jump into the newest game right away, but when they get curious it'll give them the chance to go back and play the first two games and see what they were like, especially if they're lore junkies.
02/08/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Vertigo101

These thread is old but I will just say that ofc Diablo 1 works on vista and 7. Hell I'm running it on Windows 10.
4 year old necro bump. Cheese and crackers.
I have a disk somewhere still, but what's the use if laptops don't have CD's anymore. They should just have made it a download like starcraft 1 where you don't need a CD to play it.