The Conference Call was a good thing, guys

General Discussion
02/09/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Bashiok
We'll have some info real soon

Is that something kind of like how the game's release will be "soon?" ;)
I think using the word soon on the forums should get you banned...
Can't we just enjoy eachothers company?

Are you asking me out? Cuz I'm okay with that.
When they went back to the drawing board again about skills runes and stats.. I honestly thought it would be August September.. I am not sayin I am happy about June but its not as bad as Welker dropping the ball and letting doofus Manning go down the field to win the Super Bowl... But it would have been nice to grieve with a little Diablo 3 to cheer me up.
on the road to Releaseville.

Sounds like a really nice place to be.

I wish I was there now... :'(
I still say this game is never coming out because the word soon hasn't been dropped from Blizzard's vocabulary on the things release date
So... after all this time, people STILL believe Blizzard? It's Q2 now, eh? Watch as we roll around to Q2 and it becomes Q3. There is no truth in Blizzard, their representatives, or the forum moderators. The whole soon thing is not cute, and has become disgusting.
It'll be fine. We'll have some info real soon on skills and runes, a new patch, and we'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville.

If soon is more than 8 months, real soon is like 8 weeks?
02/09/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Rise
Bash I think people are upset because they were told Q1, and you knew for a while it wouldn't be Q1. If people had to find out through the conference call that's pretty shady.

We've only ever said "early 2012". And we just decided we'd need until Q2 this week. Seems like the conference call was as good a place as any to announce that.
It'll be fine. We'll have some info real soon on skills and runes, a new patch, and we'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville.

is "real soon" like "soon" or "early"
02/09/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Bashiok
Bash I think people are upset because they were told Q1, and you knew for a while it wouldn't be Q1. If people had to find out through the conference call that's pretty shady.

We've only ever said "early 2012". And we just decided we'd need until Q2 this week. Seems like the conference call was as good a place as any to announce that.

So April, May, or June are "early 2012?" Maybe April, but come on Bash, May and June are NOT early in the year. Half way through something is NOT early. Be honest here.
02/09/2012 02:51 PMPosted by jpar

I call BS on that, entirely.

I think what would calm the situation and make everything fine, is some solid info and a solid date on which the info will be released. Hearing real soon doesn't mean much to most blizz followers anymore.. :\ Please give some solid info.

Btw, only good thing about the conference call is that we are finally getting some blue attention on the forums.

i second that....specially when the community asked so many times for an estimate...you prefer to say it on the conference call.....ok....i guess investors are way more important
02/09/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Bashiok

At this point, I think that the majority of your audience would rather see the game released as is and completely playable and enjoyable (because the beta is, of course) and the have the game updated over the following weeks for the last minute changes the team is obviously working on.