Diablo 3 skill tree.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
The new Diablo 3 skill tree is going to kill the replay value of Diablo 3. Right now when I go to play the beta all of my chars are max level and I have no reason to make a new char. In Diablo 2 I could make like 4 necromancers each using something different. In Diablo 3 my one character is every type of Wizard or Monk. Hopefully this skill tree is changed to something where the game will actually have replay value.
what new skill tree?
pretend you cant swap skills. problem solved.
Thank god i don't have to create a new character just to try out different specs. It was so boring to hitch a ride on boss runs over and over again just to level.
02/12/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Trisee
Thank god i don't have to create a new character just to try out different specs. It was so boring to hitch a ride on boss runs over and over again just to level.

Agreed. "Oh no, I don't have to figure out 98 levels worth of skills at level 1"
Trust me, once you acquire a bunch of Inferno-level runes, you aren't going to be swapping skills unless you're desperate.
02/12/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Trisee

This, no more "Itelebaal426"
Enjoy a game of making 1 char and not being able to create cool builds cause this game will suck so badly with this current skill tree.
02/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by D3BETA
Enjoy a game of making 1 char and not being able to create cool builds cause this game will suck so badly with this current skill tree.

right cause d2 had amazing # of hell viable builds for each classes...
Yes it did, lets make a poison necro, or how about we make a werebear Druid. How about a bowazon. Maybe a hammers pally.
02/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by D3BETA

I agree that the replay value has taken a hit by the lack there of a Skill tree. However, I believe the game play will more than make up for it. Playing the game is all about fun. If you can achieve this with one character rather than starting over with a new build then I believe the game is a success.
Now you will make 1 of each char and stop playing the game after level 26 or so.
Everyone played Diablo 2 not because of the story line or the fun of it. They played it to find cool new item and to make a cool build with their hero so its actually fun to beat hell not just using some electrocute on wizard for the whole game. It also made it so you can duel and see how other people made their builds not everyone just leaping with barbarian.
02/12/2012 10:59 AMPosted by D3BETA
Now you will make 1 of each char and stop playing the game after level 26 or so.

If that's the case then the game is not for you obviously. Making new characters with different builds will end up the same way.
Also the fact that you can't level up skills and that their damage is based off of your weapon is also ridiculous.
If you have to be forced to do something you probably dont wanna do it. Nothing says you cant replay for fun I probably will at some point.
Lawl at your assesment of D2.

How many sorcys just spam lightning the whole game?

Each character there are like 3-6 builds period if you wanna play the whole game. I'm sure there will be more in D3

or did you stop at lvl 26? (why he even said this idk makes no sense)

In short... bad troll is bad

/thread
02/12/2012 11:02 AMPosted by D3BETA
Also the fact that you can't level up skills and that their damage is based off of your weapon is also ridiculous.

The above method will work great. It makes you play the game more to find the best weapons/gear possible. it will make your character more unique than the next guy with the same build with different gear. this was true in D2 as well but the skill scaling didn't pan out so well. Instead you opted for items that did + to skills.
02/12/2012 10:57 AMPosted by D3BETA
bowazon.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Really? How many sorcs spamming lightning? Theres also Sorcs using meteor, fireball, Ice ball, Blizzard. In Diablo 3 there will be a bunch of wizards using that 1 electrocute move the doesn't cost any mana.