Blizzards defanition of "Perfect"

General Discussion
02/27/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Maximushealz
I would just like to know why Blizzard is changing stuff in Diablo 3 when most of us think it is one of the best games we will have ever played. We know that you want Diablo 3 to be the best game of all time, but to make it the best game you dont need to change anything. IMO i think that Diablo 3 is as good as its going to get, and i dont know what you can do to make it any better. Let me know if you think different :) Thanks

Simply put: Blizzard knows things we don't.

They look at a system, and over the course of testing it they manage to learn things about how it will behave over the short-term, long-term, and very-long-term. They learn to recognize the subtle outcomes of how different parts of a game interact with each other in ways that aren't readily apparent, and with this knowledge make appropriate changes.

Lots of people will take the time to post on these forums about why X-Change is bad for Y-Reason, but usually this is a case of a disgruntled fan failing to see the Forest through the Trees. Blizzard employs people whose entire job is see the entirety of that Forest, and not just the Trees on the edge.

Changes can be tough at times to accept especially when we really want to play the game right now; but if Blizzard is willing to spend the thousands of dollars needed to extend development time to alter a pre-existing system within the game, then chances are that it really is something that truly demanded a change, and we should try to find ways to better understand Why, rather than letting our gut reactions bias ourselves against it.
New cutting edge topics on the forums all day (or night)!!!!!
I don't think anyone who includes the word "defanition" in their title is qualified to define anything to anybody. Sorry, personal rule: I don't accept advice on words and their meanings from anyone who can't spell those words.
02/27/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Robotgravy
stopped reading at "defanition" but still clicked on the thread.
02/27/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Cosmo
We're all human people.

Seems redundant, we are all human and people?

or you mean "We are all human, people."
Grammar can be important.

If you know well enough to point it out, the grammar is well enough for people to understand. Correcting it does nothing to push your poll numbers as king grammar !@#$.
Perfection is a myth and is unobtanable in every sense of the word.

If something was perfect then that would eliminate any room for improvments forever.

Sometimes improvments can't be seen right away but as time goes on and technology advances there could always be a better way to do something thus eliminating the perfection title because it wasn't perfect to begin with.

Since, it was never perfect to begin with but maybe was perfect for the time being is pefection good enough for the time being? Or is it easier to say we did the best we could with what we got.

Personal philosophy here not saying this is all fact.
It is Definition.

Also, perfect doesn't exist. If perfect existed we would not be here. Anyways, Blizzard is going to make their game how they want to make it. We can give them opinions all day, its their choice to use them or not.

I personally think they should add whips and chained whips into the game so I can live out my isometric Castlevania fantasy.

C'mon Blizzard you know you want to :)
02/27/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Doom
There is no defanition of perfect

02/27/2012 04:14 PMPosted by BuckMurdock
What the hell is a defanition?

02/27/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Cosmo
Bllizart hat aways ne perfakt im da gaymez

OMG, I just laughed for like 20mins straight.