overachiever

General Discussion
anyone heard if getting this achievement affects anything other than the beta, like will it carry over somehow into the retail version?
i cant link you a blue post on this one ... but iam 100% sure there is nothing that will carry over from beta

same as Starcraft2 beta
Correct. The Diablo III beta is a completely different game in Battle.net from the retail game that is Diablo III.
02/22/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Kaivax
Correct. The Diablo III beta is a completely different game in Battle.net from the retail game that is Diablo III.

Yes, and it makes me cringe when I see all the betas, ptrs, and trial runs cluttering up my account summary page. I wish they had a separate page. Thanks for reminding me, now I have to go wash my hands 5 times in a row. Gosh!
There lots of other games that reward players for testing, why be so chincy blizzard?
02/23/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Alyten
There lots of other games that reward players for testing, why be so chincy blizzard?

because this isn't a test available to anyone who say, pre-purchases the game. So it wouldn't be fair to "reward" certain people just based on luck of the beta key draw.
02/23/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Alyten

The reward is that you get to play in Beta while hundreds of people make posts here every day complaining that they're not in beta. The reward is getting to provide feedback and bug reports to Blizzard to make the game better.
thats exactly what i tought.
The reward is for those who actually play the beta a lot and therefore would have more chances to contribute with constructive ideas, feedback and why not complains?
Providing feedback is as much a reward as looking
at the Shumi leader's hand in FF8.

Not that i'm seeking a reward, just don't lie.
I wanted to rez all 5 classes in the last patch to get 100% but nobody would ever die. Now multiplayer is broken and doesn't even work for me anymore ;_;
I have mys suspicions that the commercial release will be drastically different than this version.

For example, I don't believe you'll be able to farm 10k gold an hour at level 9.

Folks are really missing the big picture with this beta.
02/23/2012 05:13 AMPosted by D3BETA

The reward is that you get to play in Beta while hundreds of people make posts here every day complaining that they're not in beta. The reward is getting to provide feedback and bug reports to Blizzard to make the game better.

Usually I hate MVPs, but the truth + a Serenity quote = /thread
02/23/2012 03:19 AMPosted by ArbiterOfFun

because this isn't a test available to anyone who say, pre-purchases the game. So it wouldn't be fair to "reward" certain people just based on luck of the beta key draw.

well the "reward" could be something silly like a different sigil on the banner or something (profile avatar?) that has really no impact on gameplay.

it's not a big deal to me, but there have been other games that did similar things for beta testers just as a little thanks so I can see why someone would ask about it.
Not very nice. I think players just want a kind of souvenir from the beta and not something to brag about right ?
As already stated Bart, the beta is granted through random picks, it would not be fair or balanced to hand out bonus' based on this unequal chance. Blizzard is nothing if not obsessed with balancing.