Any News on the State of Battle.net 2.0?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Are we stuck with the current implementation of chat rooms that everyone loves so much?

Diablo 3 is still in Beta and will be worked on until release and even after release for minor changes.

I would bet we can expect to see some modifications to chat, at least polishing it up.
Patience... I would also bet they are not done with the chat feature, but I still wouldn't think that's it's gonna make anyone happy in the final version because they won't bring back the Diablo 2 community chat style
Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.
Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.

This is certainly good news. :)

What happened to making everything AWESOME! These chat rooms are not awesome. These chat rooms hurt my eyes, literally. I can't look at them for more than a minute or two.
02/24/2012 09:09 AMPosted by ManOluck
HAHAHA we dont even get private chat rooms????

You forgot to say that in your post 1 minute prior?

YES!!!!!!!!!!

RELEASE!

RELEASE!

RELEASE!!!!!!!

then after in patch 2.1.2.3 mod up the chat interface

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

WE want to play - not wait another month so a chat room looks better!

THANK YOU!!

RELEASE DATE VERY soon
After I read about the chat rooms I looked at both. Honestly d2 is ancient and is more of an eye sore. I showed my friend he has never played diablo in his life. I showed him the modified versions of d3 by the community the current one in diablo 3 and i showed him diablo 2. He said why the hell do people like the ancient style d2 one? i said idk maybe they are stuck in the past. With zero expectations he likes the new d3 chat much better which he wanted a few tweaks like private chat channels and an ignore list but that was it. He doesn't want the big clunky interface. Bashiok is right the people that want it are a small minority. Just release the game I won't have time to be in the chat while im slaying zombies!