We may encounter old heroes

Lore and Story
I was thinking. There is a part in beta where someone has ransacked all of the chests in a small room. What if its the old heroes from D1/D2. Would that be awesome to run into them and compete against them somehow; or even end up fighting them?

Who else ransacked those chests. I doubt it was those creatures, lol. Any ideas?
D2 maybe. D1? nooope. They all died in D2.
Warrior=Aiden Rogue=Bloodraven Mage=Horazon impersonator.
I want the peg leg kid wirt to return in some form. So I can loot his body and take his leg again. LOL!!
I am pretty sure it is implied that the quill fiends/beast is the one that stole the treasure. It has been said by blizzard that we will learn the fates of most of the D2 champs but this seems way too obscure to be linked to that. If anything I would guess it points to treasure goblins but would still put my money on it being nothing more then a little spice for our first encounter with a rare mob.
03/24/2012 06:32 AMPosted by D3BETA
I want the peg leg kid wirt to return in some form. So I can loot his body and take his leg again. LOL!!

Wirt, his leg was transformed into the cow level portal in D2 lol
03/24/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Seraph
I am pretty sure it is implied that the quill fiends/beast is the one that stole the treasure. It has been said by blizzard that we will learn the fates of most of the D2 champs but this seems way too obscure to be linked to that. If anything I would guess it points to treasure goblins but would still put my money on it being nothing more then a little spice for our first encounter with a rare mob.

That's it! all the d2 heroes turned into those quill beasts. Mystery solved.
I just hope they dont kill all the D2 heroes or turn them bad, it gets old... specially when the barb did survive and returned as a playable char.
04/08/2012 08:09 AMPosted by D3BETA
I just hope they dont kill all the D2 heroes or turn them bad, it gets old... specially when the barb did survive and returned as a playable char.

The barb didn't return though - the playable barb is a different character. They were originally thinking about bringing him back as the player character, but the story wouldn't have made sense that way.

I agree though, I'm hoping they do something more creative with them this time around. Maybe we will get to fight alongside them in the final battle? Who knows.
They might return, but not sure in what form, method, and how many pieces we have to gather of them. :<