Diablo 1

General Discussion
can you play diablo 1 in mac? i miss that game. pure awesome. :3
I haven't played it in awhile, but the last time I installed it a year or so ago, I don't recall having to do anything other than run it in a window (which looked pretty silly on my huge desktop). I wish I could remember if I tweaked anything to get it to run. It's been too long. Perhaps running it in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode?
10/16/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Harbinger
can you play diablo 1 in mac? i miss that game. pure awesome. :3

In a very round-a-bout way since there is no Classic Mode in Mac OS X 10.6 and higher.... Sheepshaver is one way (it emulates a PowerPC system where you can run up to Mac OS 9.0.4). Another way is using CrossOver (which slaps a GUI over Wine and has automated installation routines for a variety of software including D1 and D2). I myself have D1 (as well as a couple of other older Windows games like Blade Runner and a few of the later Wizardry titles) setup in a VMware virtual machine running Windows XP.

I still have my old multiplayer characters and last played it after the open beta weekend. Movement speed is a drag but the atmosphere and music are still incredible after all these years.
did blizzard shut down the diablo 1 server ive been trying to log into it and get into the chat rooms to show my love and represent my childhood or did they shut them down running it on patch 1.09 is there a newerone?
10/16/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Greymateria
Just don't cheat.

The dupe glitch was just too real. lmao
I had the same troubles on windows 7 but i got windows 10 and D1 runs fine, except when I exit the game it thinks the game crashed....
Diablo 1 is, was, and will be the best Diablo game. Best music and best atmosphere by a mile. There are a couple good gameplay mods as well.
02/10/2016 07:19 PMPosted by mailbox112
did blizzard shut down the diablo 1 server ive been trying to log into it and get into the chat rooms to show my love and represent my childhood or did they shut them down running it on patch 1.09 is there a newerone?

Don't even bother with the broken original, I'd recommend playing the Diablo HD MOD.

Oh, and nice necro bump. :-P