Multiple Monk Mechanic Questions

Monk
Hey fellow Monk enthusiasts!

With the release date announcement I have gotten interested in crafting builds for the Monk again. And since the game is pretty close to its final form (in the beta), I thought this might be the time to ask some questions about how some of his mechanics work:

1) With regards to spirit generators: I am curious how/when some of the effects are applied (especially when changed by skill runes). For example, on Fists of Thunder with the skill rune Lightning Flash (FoT increases your dodge chance by 16% for 2 seconds), when does this increase in dodge chance occur? On the third "combo" strike? Each time you use Fists of Thunder (the first, second, and third strike)? Another example would be on Crippling Wave with the Concussion skill rune (enemies hit by CW inflict 20% less damage for 3 seconds), once again 'hit by CW' is ambiguous. Is it only the third "combo" hit or each time you use Crippling Wave?

2) Regarding Way of the Hundred Fists: How does this fit in with the other spirit generators? Is WotHF basically its own combo? Does it break up combos you have going? Just generally how does it interact with the other spirit generators?

3) A specific question about Tempest Rush with the Bluster skill rune (enemies knocked back have their damage reduced by 20% for the duration of the effect). How long is the duration of the effect? Is it 2 seconds like the duration of the slow on the unruned skill?

4) Regarding Seven-Sided Strike: does anyone know if the monk is immune while performing the move? I have heard he is, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this.

5) Regarding Inner Sanctuary: this creates an area that enemies are unable to pass through, but what about ranged attacks or spells? Can they pass into this area? I am assuming they can, that it is only the physical enemy that cannot pass into the area. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Sorry this ended up being a little longer than I thought it would be,
Thanks for taking the time to help,
GaoNan
I will do my best to answer what i know for you my fellow Monk.

Crippling Wave with the Concussion skill rune (enemies hit by CW inflict 20% less damage for 3 seconds), once again 'hit by CW' is ambiguous. Is it only the third "combo" hit or each time you use Crippling Wave?

this is on each hit so 1,2,3 all the hits apply this effect.

Regarding Way of the Hundred Fists: How does this fit in with the other spirit generators? Is WotHF basically its own combo? Does it break up combos you have going? Just generally how does it interact with the other spirit generators?

like any other. each use of this skill generates the spirit. Its not based on hits, but the usage of the skill. 1,2,3

A specific question about Tempest Rush with the Bluster skill rune (enemies knocked back have their damage reduced by 20% for the duration of the effect). How long is the duration of the effect? Is it 2 seconds like the duration of the slow on the unruned skill?

Yes, the effect is for just the 2 seconds. The idea behind TR is while your hurting the enemy and slowing them down they can still attack you. Unlike Dashing strike or SSS which while you are in the animation of the skill you avoid damage.

Seven-Sided Strike: does anyone know if the monk is immune while performing the move? I have heard he is, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this.

Great segway, if you watch what happens when the Monk uses SSS. Enemy mobs stop moving as if your not there. The dont bather attacking you or shooting this at you. They just stop and take the hits. You can't get hurt while in the animation of SSS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4443593/You_Will_Die_We_Promise-2_9_2012

great clips of it being used here.

Regarding Inner Sanctuary: this creates an area that enemies are unable to pass through, but what about ranged attacks or spells? Can they pass into this area? I am assuming they can, that it is only the physical enemy that cannot pass into the area. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

you are correct again. Ranged dps can still hit you.
Thanks for the speedy reply!

So that is for both the dodge on FoT and the damage reduction on CW? Awesome!

03/16/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Archangel
like any other. each use of this skill generates the spirit. Its not based on hits, but the usage of the skill. 1,2,3

Well this is good to know! So another question stemming from this: It says it generates '6 Spirit per attack.' Does this mean that it is per 1 cast of WotHF or per hit within WotHF? Basically is it a huge spirit generator (6 times number of hits) or just normal (aka 6)?

Thanks so much for answering my questions!
GaoNan
Thanks for the speedy reply!

So that is for both the dodge on FoT and the damage reduction on CW? Awesome!

03/16/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Archangel

Well this is good to know! So another question stemming from this: It says it generates '6 Spirit per attack.' Does this mean that it is per 1 cast of WotHF or per hit within WotHF? Basically is it a huge spirit generator (6 times number of hits) or just normal (aka 6)?

Thanks so much for answering my questions!
GaoNan

Just normal 6