Gamestop says CE preorders hit quota by Bliz

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
03/15/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Exi
As they haven't made it a public point that they would be limiting CEs to a specific number of copies and CEs cost $40 more for the same game, do you really think they're going to suddenly limit the number of copies made to pre-orders only? The answer is no.

That's an interesting point. I don't know if the CE was limited in number from the start or if they're only making them for the first few months after the game is out (I did, in fact, pre-order mine through Amazon in December). I was too "lazy" to check, and simply assumed the number of copies would be limited and ordered early based on that assumption. I mean, this is one of the most anticipated games of all time, right?

I laughed at the Best Buy tip. I'm one of those people who avoid Best Buy now, since I pre-ordered SC2 through them, showed up on release day and went to the pickup area, it was unattended (somebody's self-love break I guess) and none of the employees would bother to staff that desk and fulfill anyone's pickups (of anything, not just SC2) for an hour after I showed up, despite several people complaining to passing Best Buy employees. Customer service there is a disgrace. Buyer beware.
And that is why Best Buy is going down, in general.
i pre-ordered mine a few days ago, had to drive to different stores to find it, they did hit their release date, and whats even funnier... the guy @ gamestop told me it was scheduled to release may 3rd, and i tried to tell people :D haha

anyways, bestbuy has more slips if any1 still needs to pre-order, blizzard allows bestbuy to purchase more slips then gamestop i guess because of inventory space or something, i cant remember what the guy @ bestbuy said exactly.
There are a limited number of Collector's Editions produced, which is what makes them a collector's edition (aside from all the extra goodies). Actually for the Diablo II CE we numbered each box.

We have an idea of how many we'll be producing, and inform retailers of how many they'll be receiving. Once they sell out of their allotment, that's probably it. Now, there are some retailers that don't take pre-orders, people won't pick up their pre-orders, or others that simply don't take pre-orders on their full allotment, so all hope is not lost.

I wish you luck in finding one!
03/15/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Landing
Pre-ordering games without a release date is just silly. Now would be a good time to pre order.

Pre-ordering the collector's edition without knowing what kind of extras it has is also silly. I'm not going to because one of the extras is D2 + LoD and I already own them.
03/15/2012 02:10 PMPosted by GolDRoger
Pre-ordering games without a release date is just silly. Now would be a good time to pre order.

Pre-ordering the collector's edition without knowing what kind of extras it has is also silly. I'm not going to because one of the extras is D2 + LoD and I already own them.

?

We announced the CE content quite a while ago - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3767199
For multiple Blizzard game releases across multiple states, Wal-Mart always has extra Collector's Editions laying around. Try them IMO.
03/15/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Bashiok

?

We announced the CE content quite a while ago

I must have missed it then because I didn't see what it was til today
When can we expect news about CE pricing?
03/15/2012 02:24 PMPosted by D3BETA
When can we expect news about CE pricing?

It's in today's press release, $99.
You should've pre-ordered the limited Collector's Edition when it was announced, 5 months ago. You don't get rewarded for being lazy.

Sorry, but Yes you are lazy. I pre ordered mine the week it was announced, knowing VERY WELL that stock would dry up quite quickly. You should have done it then.
I wasn't interested in pre-ordering something that had no definable release date... until today. My local Best Buy had CE pre-orders up, and they are going to be doing a midnight release for it.
This is what I almost always end up doing.

... also, pre-ordering a game two months before release isn't being lazy.
you have to remember there are always a$$ hats out there buying 20 copys to try to make money on Ebay,. so look for them 1000 dollars a box :P
Just to add to other peoples response: Amazon sells it and release date delivery is .99. Cant beat that. Also, this will force me not to take off of work since UPS doesnt come by my house til 3pm anyway, lol.
03/15/2012 11:33 AMPosted by DiablOnAKodo
So I called my local Gamestop to see if I could pre-order a D3 CE and I was told that Blizzard met their quota and are no longer allowing them (or anyone for that matter) to pre order them. Is this true? If so, that is pretty dissapointing. I know you can probably still find kn Amazon and such but I like the experience and knowing I can go there at midnight to get it.

amazon says they have some left BTW. mine is scheduled for release day delivery.