Gamestop says CE preorders hit quota by Bliz

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
It looks like Wal-Mart, Kmart, Sears, and Fry's still has pre-orders for sale currently
03/15/2012 11:43 AMPosted by D3BETA
You should've pre-ordered the limited Collector's Edition when it was announced, 5 months ago. You don't get rewarded for being lazy.

This all the way!
03/15/2012 11:33 AMPosted by DiablOnAKodo
So I called my local Gamestop to see if I could pre-order a D3 CE and I was told that Blizzard met their quota and are no longer allowing them (or anyone for that matter) to pre order them. Is this true? If so, that is pretty dissapointing. I know you can probably still find kn Amazon and such but I like the experience and knowing I can go there at midnight to get it.
It's probably because of people like me. I have 10 copies of CE pre-ordered here so I can resell 2 weeks after the game goes live.
I pre-ordered a CE and a regular version from Amazon a while back, and both have an estimated delivery date of 5-17-2012, and that is with the fastest possible shipping available on my order, which is 1 day (with Prime). There was no option for me to get release day delivery on this one. (which I am not complaining at all. I am just happy to be getting it).
If so you should have pre-ordered earlier.
This is what I almost always end up doing.

... also, pre-ordering a game two months before release isn't being lazy.

It's not "lazy", but trying to pre-order one several months after they were being provided and complaining about retailers not letting you (not saying you are) is pretty silly.
I just downloaded the game off blizzard.com what are u talking about?? you can pre order anytime you want!!
03/16/2012 08:01 AMPosted by KrYpToNiK
I just downloaded the game off blizzard.com what are u talking about?? you can pre order anytime you want!!

This thread is about Collectors Edition (CE). You pre-ordered a regular edition.
03/16/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Gartlan
If so you should have pre-ordered earlier.

Probably so. I pre-ordered in early February. That is okay though. Like I said, I am just happy to be getting it. The wife and I are excited to get to co-op in the world of Diablo again.
I totally agree that the most logical way of thinking is :
"Ok now it's official and certain the game will be released on may 15th - I'll pre-order it".
Thinking:
"OMG a CE is announced, I don't know when or the price but I'm gonna pre-order it anyway"...
although it is logical due to the way the biz is working, it's still kind of awkward.

I'm saying, there're still retailers that offer pre-orders even if they are harder to find, there are also online pre-orders and even without a pre-order there will still be copies on day one. The game will just be tight.
CE available again today at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SZC5U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=httpbetterand-20

It'll probably sale out again, very soon.
03/15/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
When can we expect news about CE pricing?

It's in today's press release, $99.

Can I fix that for ya Bashiok it's $99 USD <<<<<<
03/15/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Landing
Pre-ordering games without a release date is just silly

No, its smart.

Want proof ? I have a CE (2 in fact), and OP doesn't.
and let us NOT act like we can't cancel your pre-orders. BTW I confirm that Bestbuy still has them as well.
@Bashiok: Will the DIII CE also be numbered like the DII CE?
Starcraft 2 CE sold out pre orders before the release date announcement, there was no reason to think this would be any different.
"COLLECTOR" Edition. If it were easy to get/common it wouldn't be a collector item.
4 copies of CE ready for me.

You should see 1 of these on the RMAH later if you want a CE copy and miss your chance.
You should have just put $10 dollars down on it years ago lol,

also a lot of people are getting two or more collectors editions to sell one for profit or to keep one sealed.

I am getting two : )