inferno...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
itll happen

look at the threads right now (and the past months)

I haven't seen any threads complaining about this game being too hard.
03/13/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Honor
im hoping they stand firm like they said they will, but its highly likely due to the amount of people QQing, that they feel forced to. i just hope that doesnt happen. i want inferno to stay difficult to the point where its hard for just about everyone, and impossible for some (without getting better themselves)

Yup, They better not lesson the difficulty of inferno. Its the only reason why Im still interested. If they turn it into WoW type difficulty, well I shouldnt use WoW and difficulty in the same sentence, then it will be a very big let down. I would like a challange that I may or may not be able to beat ever.
itll happen

look at the threads right now (and the past months)

I haven't seen any threads complaining about this game being too hard.

no, but, a buncha pretty petty complaints, no?

who could ever complain the beta is hard anyway D=
Personally, i welcome the levels filled with Stoneskin, Lightning Enchanted, Physical Immune mobs!
Winter is coming.
taking bets on how long it takes for inferno to get nerfed to the ground because it's too hard for baddies to do anything.

or that it'll be laughably easy and the excuse will be they want everyone to experience it.

I give inferno 1 month before it's nerfed

1 week if it's a joke to anyone with a brain

It won't be nerfed so everyone can experience it, because there's nothing new to experience. It's the same game but harder.

This is how I see it, I have posted the same thing in other threads. After normal you beat the game so the content is the same. The only thing you get out of it is gear and achievements.
No casual will make it to inferno because by the time they reach inferno they'll be more than a mere casual - they'll have earned their stripes. If you so much as make it to inferno you can call yourself a man... if you beat it, you're a God amongst them. Inferno mode is going to show us who the leaders of the future are. It will sift out the idols who call themselves "gamers" and show us who is worthy of following on youtube.

And anyone who beats Inferno on hardcore? I guarantee you they were never mortal to begin with.

The diablo 3 community gets what they want. Lol. Simple.

Well, except for a release date.

...And a chat system that wasn't written by the spring intern 10 minutes before the patch rolled out.
taking bets on how long it takes for inferno to get nerfed to the ground because it's too hard for baddies to do anything.

or that it'll be laughably easy and the excuse will be they want everyone to experience it.

I give inferno 1 month before it's nerfed

1 week if it's a joke to anyone with a brain

It won't be nerfed so everyone can experience it, because there's nothing new to experience. It's the same game but harder.

except all the good loot is there. Nerfed in 6-8 weeks. Not a sweeping nerf but just like "oh we removed this guys spell" ... "we made this type of monster 10% less hp"... piece by piece as to not anger the purists but to appease the casuals
I don't think they'd nerf it because the good loot is there. They want people who can't find it to buy it, either with gold or cash.

Also, what others have said, the content has already been experienced in the first three difficulties.

And the Diablo three community would make such an uproar about them nerfing it.
03/13/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Bunnybane
Yes but if this was really true then they wouldn't nerf Heroic Raids in wow. They are same content as normal with a few exceptions (H Rag, Sinestra) Just because it's the same content doesn't mean it won't get the bat.
That would hold if it weren't a gradient, if guilds were clearly broken up into three hard categories, and you didn't have people with 6/8 Heroic kills. They systematically nerf raids to make way for the next round of content and to give people who are just under a threshold the boost they need to get that kill and wrap up their experience. There have been very few nerfs in the history of the game that have led to immediate widespread everyone-can-do-it content obliteration. Even post-nerf, post-DS gear many, many, many people still can't hack Heroic Rag.

There's other issues, like how gear in Inferno is distributed compared to Raids, but all in all the basic differences in structure mean there's very little incentive for systematic content nerfs.
Now is the time for tuning. Tuning has been going on for a while, and will continue to go on until the game plays as close as possible to the way we want it to.

That should be accomplished before the day of release, not after.
Now is the time for tuning. Tuning has been going on for a while, and will continue to go on until the game plays as close as possible to the way we want it to.

no offense at all here but why should we believe that 1%? lol

this is for real a SIGN OF DELAY, and im not kidding.

Sounds like you guys haven't settled on a release date at all then. I mean, sure you could make educated guesses on how long tuning might take but there is no way to know when you'll hit the sweet-spot. I guess the release window has been left wide open for the time being.

Come on, you're going to be tuning for years after the game comes out. Look at WoW, SC2, or any other Blizzard game. I'm not saying this is a bad thing; quite the contrary, I appreciate the follow through that Blizzard demonstrates. But don't expect us to believe that all of the tuning for the game is going to be done before launch.