inferno...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
03/13/2012 03:58 PMPosted by D3BETA
no they didn't. As an end game raider in wow as well as a Diablo fan for years. I can tell you that end game is still a challenge, just because they release easier versions of something in wow doesn't make it remotely the same. But guess what D3 already has? easier versions to start with. They have no need to nerf inferno for people to "see the content" they already saw it, 3 other times. That argument doesn't stand at all.

This is definetely the answer, and the silent majority (98% of us) understand this.

except for those who can't complete inferno and cry about it. Its not the content which they have seen already 3 times over with the previous difficulties. It is the items and the flash. The bragging rights and the OOOOOHHH SHINY!

When people try and try again and find Inferno too difficult. They wont self reflect on how they can better themselves. They wont look to their friends who are also struggling. They will rage and rise up with their friends complaining about how impossible inferno is and how they paid good money for the best gear so it should be HANDED to them.

That is what will happen come Inferno and after a few months of people complaining. They will patch it to be easier unless it is easy to begin with and no one struggles.

At that point Inferno was just one big lie that got us all excited but let us all down.
03/13/2012 03:58 PMPosted by D3BETA
no they didn't. As an end game raider in wow as well as a Diablo fan for years. I can tell you that end game is still a challenge, just because they release easier versions of something in wow doesn't make it remotely the same. But guess what D3 already has? easier versions to start with. They have no need to nerf inferno for people to "see the content" they already saw it, 3 other times. That argument doesn't stand at all.

This is definetely the answer, and the silent majority (98% of us) understand this.

id venture to say you are correct as 98% of the people on these forums are bumbling idiots
03/13/2012 04:03 PMPosted by D3BETA
Sigh....I'm not a negative poster...but this is getting really pathetic.

Why? They are in the "tuning" stage, the game will be finished soon. Just like when it was in the "polishing" stage 4 months ago. This time they promise!

Counting down the days!

haha - actually it's INTENSE tuning according to Bashiok
I don't get some people... do you want Inferno to be literally impossible? I'm hoping it's difficult enough that it takes some practice to beat, but not so impossible that I have to spend money on the RMAH on items that give me a chance to clear it.

The main reason to clear inferno will be the items that drop, I think the overall difficulty should come second to that.

Inferno will be farmed within days even on hardcore.
I'm going to keep this for later. It will be hilarious.

yep other ppl or myself will post pic asap and lol@ everyone; might take slightly over 1 week depending when game is out.
03/13/2012 03:52 PMPosted by D3BETA
You honestly don't think people will get fed up with the game if they can't have the best stuff?

If you cant get it, try harder! Things you dont get in the first try will only keep people playing trying to get there so you can farm Inferno. How many players didnt even played Hell in D2?
Hell'uv-a-lot I tellz ya.

If it would be possible to get to Inferno withing 1 week this game will suck Scavenger balls big time. We have enough easy peazy games, no challenge in anything, just watching an interactive movie thats what games are nowadays.
Jay stated before that the early would not get buffed because it was too easy. Now its been buffed. Why should we expect that inferno will be extremely hard and not nerfed to feel like D2 hell?
03/13/2012 04:09 PMPosted by D3BETA

If you cant get it, try harder! Things you dont get in the first try will only keep people playing trying to get there so you can farm Inferno. How many players didnt even played Hell in D2?
Hell'uv-a-lot I tellz ya.

If it would be possible to get to Inferno withing 1 week this game will suck Scavenger balls big time. We have enough easy peazy games, no challenge in anything, just watching an interactive movie thats what games are nowadays.

You think little 13 year old kids will try harder? No, they will cry in the forums "game is too hard waaah meeeeh waaaah nerf!!"

It's the instant-gratification generation.
03/13/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Scournedsoul
Jay stated before that the early would not get buffed because it was too easy. Now its been buffed. Why should we expect that inferno will be extremely hard and not nerfed to feel like D2 hell?

Why do I picture that scenario as a police light flashing and swirling what is sweeping through every area? - The maxed out character - :(

You think little 13 year old kids will try harder? No, they will cry in the forums "game is too hard waaah meeeeh waaaah nerf!!"

It's the instant-gratification generation.

Let them turn on a lamp, you flip a switch and the light goes on, instant results! And its shiny!
What fun you could have with 2 or more lamps...

OK THIS IS SO BS THE GAME WILL NEVER BE OUT HOW LONG ARE THEY GONNA TUNED AND FIX THIS?

hahahah "counting down the days untill we are ready to announce d3 release date" "sign of release"

4 days later ''too much D3 testing and tuning to do''

This is better than Simpsons new season!

I'm with you.

This is ridiculous.

This is what I've been saying. They constantly throw in the usual "soon" remarks just to keep you on the edge of your seat. Just so you won't leave and find interest in another game. They try to convince you that its going to happen any day now.
<span class="truncated" />

hahahah "counting down the days untill we are ready to announce d3 release date" "sign of release"

4 days later ''too much D3 testing and tuning to do''

This is better than Simpsons new season!

I'm with you.

This is ridiculous.

This is what I've been saying. They constantly throw in the usual "soon" remarks just to keep you on the edge of your seat. Just so you won't leave and find interest in another game. They try to convince you that its going to happen any day now.

This is how it feels to get new Blizzard news:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tjf7JERDOeU#t=4s
03/13/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Kaivax

True...but name ONE Blizzard game that was tuned to perfection from day 1.....that would be ZERO.

Everyone of Blizzards games could be tuned, re-tuned, and then tuned again, the point being, the game needs to be released sometime.

I have NO DOUBT in my mind, that "tuning" will continue all the way through Diablo 3's life cycle....it is not going to end with release.

OVER tuning can also be a bad thing...

Look at WOW, many people, including myself, would say that game is now a "broken shell" of its former self due to "over tuning".

I didn't say anything about perfection. Nor did I say that there wouldn't be adjustments to any aspect of the game post-release.

The OP in this thread was about inferno difficulty - a very broad subject in terms of tuning. How difficult the game plays and how difficult we want the game to play in inferno difficulty are things that don't have to wait until release to be determined and adjusted.

Fair enough, my apologies. I wasn't trying to take your words out of context.

It just seems like a strange post, implying Blizzard wants their game to be properly tuned before release...this seems obvious.

But if you look at all Blizzard games, at some point you have to ask yourself, how much tuning is too much?

As well as, can we do some of this tuning after launch.

I guess you don't want players blazing through Inferno, and have to change that after, but it just seems like a whole lot of tuning has been going on...

You gotta run outta polish sometime right?
03/13/2012 04:26 PMPosted by D3BETA
A competent team would have had the game out by now. The only difference between this company and any other is your lack of production is counter acted by the vast majority of fan boys.

Blizzard has to much capital so they don't mind taking forever, any regular studio has to release within 4 years otherwise they run out of resources.

But then again this game will have the quality of 10 games (I hope)

It sure is the last game I'll ever buy. I hope I don't have to because its so much fun and besides that I'm getting to old anyway :(