Female DH and heels

General Discussion
I know, I know, female DH, along with female wizard are "The Girls" of D3 world, and they need to be applied extra amount of sexy/cute whatever to their characters and attitude, while female barbarian, monk, and witch doctors are mostly kept at realistic levels.

But giving heels to demon hunter, not wizard, for the sake of cosmetics?

I think that's just going too far. What's wrong with old fashioned boots?
Bad idea. Do you know how hard it is to run in heels? They would have a -50% run speed penalty at least.

Edit- Oh. They do have heels. I guess I never really noticed because it's like 4 pixels.
Yeah actually that's one reason I changed from FF11 to WoW. The women didn't have heels. Such a weird thing but I just think if they're going to be in battle they shouldn't wear heels.
Female Demon Hunters train for months to be able to perfect the art of evasive fire while wearing heels.
The female DH was designed in reference to Selene(Kate beckinsale) in underworld that's probably why they gave her heels.

Cosmetics? Aren't those weapons?
Personally it's cute, it adds a bit of uniques to her, even though it's totally unrealistic, just like seeing woman @ ren fairs wearing chainmail bras lmao. It's hot but not realistic @ all.
She needed to be slightly taller to see over certain monsters, and platforms were to clunky.

Or, her backflip tummble is powerd by spring loaded charges contained in her heels?

Edit:
http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

They're knives.
03/19/2012 11:53 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
Yeah actually that's one reason I changed from FF11 to WoW. The women didn't have heels. Such a weird thing but I just think if they're going to be in battle they shouldn't wear heels.

Yeah, characters can look plenty "sexy", "girly" etc etc without those ridiculous heels.
The characters are meant to look battle-hardened, not cute or sexy. It ruins the atmosphere of the game if you do that. Seriously, it is ridiculous to want your character to wear high heeled shoes.

Also, I love the OLD female barbarian. She looked like an interesting character. Compared to the old one, the new one looks silly. You can see the direction they took the character in when you compare. And I hate that direction. It's just another boring cute/sexy character that has been overdone to the point where I honestly don't even find attractive people attractive, they're just annoying.
New Class : Sexy Blonde
Class Specific Equipments:
- Main Hand: Hand Bag
- Off Hand: Chihuahua
- Feet: Stilettos

Skills include but not limited to:
Extreme Makeover - 20% chance of bewitching enemies to fight for you in a 10 yard radius.
Prada Fury - Deals 300% weapon damage as physical.
Heel Stomp - Deals 160% weapon damage as physical and enemies bleed for 100% damage over 3 seconds.
Undress - 80% chance of stunning enemies for 10 seconds in a 10 yard radius.
Sexy Wink - Increase amount of gold drop from enemies by 100%.
!@#$% Rage - Increase all damage by 25% and attack speed by 25% for 30 seconds.
She runs on her toes, because those heels would get stuck between the boards in Kurast.
03/19/2012 11:48 PMPosted by EHUEHEHE
I know, I know, female DH, along with female wizard are "The Girls" of D3 world, and they need to be applied extra amount of sexy/cute whatever to their characters and attitude, while female barbarian, monk, and witch doctors are mostly kept at realistic levels.

As far as I'm concerned female WD looks more out of place in D3 then anything else in the game. Looks like a drug dealer from a third world country placed into the wrong game.

one char out of 10 (including male and female) has heels.