Max normal characters is 5 ?

General Discussion
Yes i am aware the STASH IS SHARED. ---------------------------------------

According to a blue just now we get 5 normal characters and 5 hardcore slots ??

I am trying to not jump to conclusions but what the hell ?

Please tell me that is incorrect.

I was under the impression we got 10 character slots and would be free to choose whether they were normal or hardcore.

No offense to the HC crowd but i have no intention of ever playing that mode.

Being forced to use half of my character slots for that is ridiculous.

I should be able to choose what type of characters occupy MY 10 character slots.
You read it wrong.
Never read that myself. Think you jumped to conclusions mate.
its 10 of your choice
I'm not sure why you would need two of the same character on the same difficulty, but it's 10 of what ever you want. You could roll 10 Normal Wizards if you really wanted to.

There is virtually no difference between your characters (of the same class) once you get them to level 60 and transfer gear to them.
Here is the actual quote. In my opinion, the CM was not saying that we could only have one of each. I believe they were referring to making the limit by chosing one of each character in each mode.

EDIT: The discussion was about stash limits, and managing chars to optimize the amount of loot that could be stored\equipped right away.

One trick that I discovered for myself was this: I made the limit of different characters on my account as soon as I could (so five characters in the first few minutes on Regular mode, and after I qualified for Hardcore, five Hardcore characters.)

I found that as I played, I put things in the shared stash that other characters would benefit from, and the stash got full immediately. By having the characters created and ready, I'm able to quickly log into them (keeping them all near the stash) and grab items that are intended for them to use someday.

Now when I look at a character selection screen and only see one or two characters, it feels wrong to me.
Reading comprehension on these forums are dreadfully appalling.
Yup. You can have ten normal mode monks.

You can have three normal demon hunters, three hardcore demon hunters, and one hardcore barb.

You can have seven normal characters, two hardcore witch doctors, and room for another hardcore witch doctor.
Yup. You can have ten normal mode monks.

You can have three normal demon hunters, three hardcore demon hunters, and one hardcore barb.

You can have seven normal characters, two hardcore witch doctors, and room for another hardcore witch doctor.

And so it has been clarified.

Thanks Kaivax!
04/08/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Kaivax
what are we supposed to do with the last 3 spots?!
04/08/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Raahe

Same thing we do every day, Raahe...
04/08/2012 10:23 PMPosted by D3BETA
10 hardcore female wizards

Wouldn't it be 1 softcore female wizard and 9 hardcore female wizards?
04/08/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Kaivax

Same thing we do every day, Raahe...

its pinky and the brain, its pinky and the brain. One is a genius, the others insane!
I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber suits our size?
I think so Brain, but why would you want to Jab a Demon Soul Stone into your head?
yay 10 characters !! thats alot lol really it is.