Requesting that they not delete inactive char

General Discussion
04/19/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Bashiok
We have no current plans or functionality to expire or delete "inactive" characters. There's actually no concept of an inactive character for Diablo III. Pick up and play whenever you want.

You will be too busy playing to be inactive.
Except during maintenance of course.

Sigh 1 page and 15 seconds too late.
D2 doesn't even delete them anymore, any char flagged expired you can login and it re-enables them in D2 now, they stopped perma expiring them long ago.
04/19/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Omega
D2 doesn't even delete them anymore, any char flagged expired you can login and it re-enables them in D2 now, they stopped perma expiring them long ago.

(only if someone doesn't make a new character with the same name)
04/19/2012 11:37 AMPosted by D3BETA
Wiht the RMAH it wouldnt make sens if i want to spend 200$ on a character and i have to stop playing for a year i dont want it to be erased, this is no more only a character its money

It could have been money before, it's just that Blizzard had a blind eye to it lol.
We have no current plans or functionality to expire or delete "inactive" characters. There's actually no concept of an inactive character for Diablo III. Pick up and play whenever you want.

Thanks for the quick reply and glad to hear it! This game just keeps getting better and better!
They have no need to delete characters because you can't play the game offline.

There also isn't a ladder.

You had the option to play offline in Diablo 2, so there's no reason for blizzard to care about keeping your closed-bnet chars if you're not going to play them.

Thank you for that post :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish to provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion, please create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.