GOTD

Witch Doctor
Hi all,
Just started playing the beta and love the WD. Played through a few times with the doc and grasp of the dead seems... dead. I don't really like the skills AOE. I was thinking it would be cool to see this skill turned into a hex circle of some kind. Yes, I know it would be very similar to the necros curses from d2 but what's wrong with that? The original unruned skill would slow affected monsters for a duration and other rune variations would act like amplify damage, iron maiden, lower resist. weaken, and so on. What are you thoughts? Good idea or bad?
I like the intended version of the slow. And other of those extreme effects then have to be balanced. Amp damage or lower resist would obviously would be king
Of course it would have to be balanced. And you never know what hex a situation would call for so all variations could be viable. It just seems like a WD should be able to throw hexes on his enemies like this.
It's an instant ranged huge AoE slow, arguably the best snare and one of the best overall CCs in the game. So my thoughts, no offense but bad idea.

While it isn't vital in beta i still worked it into my build, and in later difficulties stopping a large group in its tracks while your many DoTs wittle them down will be invaluable.

Edit: i didnt even mention it's damage because IMO it would still be amazing as a 0 damage ability.(unruned of course)
It's an instant ranged huge AoE slow, arguably the best snare and one of the best overall CCs in the game. So my thoughts, no offense but bad idea.

This is my thought as well, Unbreakable Grasp was so strong I couldn't believe they created this spell. 80% Aoe Slow with 8 second duration and 8 Second cooldown. Very potent
04/21/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Vaaz
I couldn't believe they created this spell. 80% Aoe Slow with 8 second duration and 8 Second cooldown.

Don't forget Grave Injustice either. It makes GotD and EVERY other CD skill we have THAT much better as well.